« AnteriorContinuar »
BOHN'S ILLUSTRATED LIBRARY-continued.
65. MARRYAT'S PRIVATEER'S-MAN ONE HUNDRED YEARS AGO. Edition, with 8 line engravings on steel in the manner of STOTHARD. 63. NAVAL AND MILITARY HEROES OF GREAT BRITAIN; or, Calendar of Victory. By MAJOR JOINS and LIEUT. NICOLAS. With 21 Portraits. 6s.
07. MARRYAT'S SETTLERS IN CANANDA. New Edition, illustrated with 10 fine engravings on wood by GILBERT and DALZIEL.
63. PICTORIAL HAND-BOOK OF MODERN GEOGRAPHY, completed to the present time. By HENRY G. BOHN. With 150 Engravings on wood, and 51 Maps engraved on steel, 6s. ; or, with the Maps coloured, 7s. 6d.
€9. ANDERSEN'S DANISH LEGENDS AND FAIRY TALES, for the first time complete, containing many tales not in any other cdition. 120 wood Engravings. 70. LONGFELLOW'S POETICAL WORKS Complete. Portrait, and 24 full-page wood Engravings, 5s.; or, without the 24 illustrations, 3s. 6..
71. MILTON'S POETICAL WORKS, with a Memoir and Critical Remarks, by JAMES MONTGOMERY. Todd's Verbal Index to all the Poems, and a selection of Explanatory Notes, by H. G. BoнN. 120 fiue wood Engravings. Vol. I, Paradise Lost, complete.
72. DITTO. Vol. II. Paradise Regained and other Poems, with Verbal Index. 73. MARRYATT'S PIRATE AND THREE CUTTERS. With 20 beautiful steel Engravings, from Drawings by STANFIELD, and a Memoir of the Author.
74. SOUTHEY'S LIFE OF NELSON, with Additional Notes and Index. 64 Engravings, from Designs by DUNCAN, BIRKET FOSTER, &c.
75. GRIMM'S GAMMER GRETHEL; or German Fairy Tales and Popular Stories (containing 42 Fairy Tales), translated by EDGAR TAYLOR. Numerous woodcuts by GEO. CRUIKSHANK, 3s. 6d.
76. LONGFELLOW'S PROSE WORKS; with 16 fine wood engravings by BIRKET FOSTER, &c.
BOHN'S CLASSICAL LIBRARY.
A SERIES OF LITERAL PROSE TRANSLATIONS OF THE GREEK AND LATIN CLASSICS. Fire Shillings each, except Thucydides, Eschylus, Virgil, Horace, Cicero's Offices, Demosthenes, Appendix to schius, Aristotle's Organon, all of which are 3s. 6d. each volume, and Martial, which is 7s. 6d.
1. HERODOTUS. By the REV. HENRY CARY, M.A. Frontispiece.
2. & 3. THUCYDIDES. By the REV. II. DALE. In 2 Vols. (3s. 6d. each). Frontispiece. 4. PLATO. Vol. I. By CARY. [The Apology of Socrates, Crito, Phiedo, Gorgias, Protagotas, Phædrus, Thertetus, Euthyphiron, Lysis.] Frontispiece.
5. LIVY'S HISTORY OF ROME. literally translated. Vol. I., Books 1 to 8.
8. SOPHOCLES. The Oxford Translation, revised.
9. ÆSCHYLUS, literally translated. By an OXONIAN. (Price 3s. 6d.)
Appendix to, containing the new readings given in Hermann's posthumous edition of Eschylus, translated and edited by G. BURGES, M.A. (3s. 6d.) 310. ARISTOTLE'S RHETORIC AND POETIC. With Examination Questions. 11. LIVY'S HISTORY OF ROME. Vol. III., Books 27 to 36.
12 & 14. EURIPIDES, literally translated. From the Text of DINDORF. In 2 Vols. 13. VIRGIL By DAVIDSON. New Edition, revised. (Price 3s. 6d.) Frontispiece. 15. HORACE. By SMART. New Edition, revised. (Price 3s. 6d.) Frontispiece. 16. ARISTOTLE'S ETHICS. BY PROF. R W. BROWNE, of King's College. 17. CICERO'S OFFICES. [Old Age, Friendship, Scipio's Dream, Paradoxes, &c.] 18. PLATO. Vol. III. By G. BURGES, M.A. [Euthydemus, Symposium, Sophistes, Politicus, Laches, Parmenides, Cratylus, and Meno.]
19. LIVY'S HISTORY OF ROME. Vol. IV. (which conipletes the work.)
20. CÆSAR AND HIRTIUS. With Index.
21. HOMER'S ILIAD, in prose, literally translated. Frontispiece.
22. HOMER'S ODYSSEY, IIYMNS, EPIGRAMS, AND BATTLE OF THE FROGS AND MICE. 23. PLATO. Vol. IV. By G. BURGES, M.A. [Philebus, Charmides, Laches, The Two Alcibiades, and Ten other Dialogues.]
24, 25, & 32. OVID. By H. T. RILEY, B.A. Complete in 3 Vols. Frontispieces.
BOHN'S CLASSICAL LIBRARY.
26. LUCRETIUS. By the Rev. J. S. WATSON. With the Metrical Version of J. M. GOOD.
28. PINDAR. By DAWSON and W. TURNER. With the Metrical Version of MOORE. Front. C
33 & 36. THE COMEDIES OF PLAUTUS. By H. T. RILEY, B.A. In 2 Vols.
37. THE GREEK ANTHOLOGY, translated chiefly by G. BURGES, A.M., with Metri-
38. DEMOSTHENES. The Olynthiac, Philippic, and other Public Orations, with
39. SALLUST, FLORUS, and VELLEIUS PATERCULUS, with copious Notes, Bio-
40. LUCAN'S PHARSALIA, with copious Notes, by II. T. RILEY, B.A.
41. THEOCRITUS, BION, MOSCHUS and TYRTEUS, by the Rev. J. BANKS, M.A.
42. CICERO'S ACADEMICS, DE FINIBUS and TUSCULAN QUESTIONS, by
43. ARISTOTLE'S POLITICS AND ECONOMICS, by E. WALFORD, M.A., with
44. DIOGENES LAERTIUS. LIVES AND OPINIONS OF THE ANCIENT PHI-
To which is added SMART'S
Metrical Version of Phaedrus. Frontispiece.
48 & 49. ARISTOPHANES, with Notes and Extracts from the best Metrical Versions
50. CICERO ON THE NATURE OF THE GODS, DIVINATION, FATE, LAWS,
61. APULEIUS. [The Golden Ass, Death of Socrates, Florida, &c.] With a Metrical
52. JUSTIN, CORNELIUS NEPOS, and EUTROPIUS, with Notes and a General
53 & 58. 7ACITUS. Vol. I. The Annals. Vol. II. The History, Germania, Agri-
64. PLATO. Vol. VI., completing the work, and containing Epinomis, Axiochus, Eryxins,
55, 56, 57. ATHENAEUS, The Deipnosophists, or the Banquet of the Learned, trans.
61, 74, & 82, THE GEOGRAPHY OF STRABO, translated, with copious Notes, by
CYROPÆDIA and HELLENICS, by DALE and WATSON
64, 67, 69, 72, 78, & 81. PLINY'S NATURAL HISTORY, with copious Notes, by
66. DEMOSTHENES ON THE CROWN, AND EMBASSY, by C. RANN KENNEDY.
68. CICERO ON ORATORY AND ORATORS by the Rev. J. S. WATSON, M.A.
71 & 76. QUINTILIAN'S INSTITUTES OF ORATORY, by the Rev. J. S. Watson,
73. HESIOD, CALLIMA CHUS, AND THEOGNIS, in Prose, by BANKS, with the
75. DICTIONARY OF LATIN QUOTATIONS, with the Quantities marked and
77. DEMOSTHENES AGAINST LEPTINES, MIDIAS, ANDROTION, AND
83. MARTIAL'S EPIGRAMS, literally translated; with Imitations in Verse. 7s. 6d.
85. DEMOSTHENES PRIVATE AND OTHER ORATIONS, by C. RANN KEN-
86. AMMIANUS MARCELLINUS. HISTORY OF ROME. Translated by C. D.
87. ARISTOTLES HISTORY OF ANIMALS. In Ten Books. With Notes, and a
88. DEMOSTHENES MISCELLANEOUS ORATIONS.
Translated by C. R.
BOHN'S ANTIQUARIAN LIBRARY.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price 5s.
1. BEDE'S ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY, & THE ANGLO-SAXON CHRONICLE
of the Erbyggia Saga, by SIR WALTER SCOTT. Edited by J. A. BLACKWELL..
6. CHRONICLES OF THE CRUSADERS: Richard.of Devizes. Geoffrey de Vinsauf.
7. EARLY TRAVELS IN PALESTINE. Willibald, Stewulf, Benjamin of Tudela,
8, 10, & 12. BRAND'S POPULAR ANTIQUITIES OF GREAT BRITAIN, Dy
9 & 11. ROGER OF WENDOVER'S FLOWERS OF HISTORY (formerly ascribed
13. KEIGHTLEY'S FAIRY MYTHOLOGY. Enlarged. Frontispiece by CRUIKSHANK.
17, 19, & 31. MATTHEW PARIS'S CHRONICLE, containing the History of
20 & 23. ROGER DE HOVEDEN'S ANNALS OF ENGLISH HISTORY, from
from the Roman
22. PAULI'S LIFE OF ALFRED THE GREAT. To which is appended ALFRED'S ANGLO-SAXON VERSION OF OROSIUS, with a literal translation. Notes, and an Anglo-Saxon Grammar and Glossary, by B. THORPE, Esq.
24 & 25. MATTHEW OF WESTMINSTER'S FLOWERS OF HISTORY, especially such as relate to the affairs of Britain, from the beginning of the world to A.D. 1307. Translated by C. D. YONGE, B.A. In 2 Vols.
26. LEPSIUS'S LETTERS FROM EGYPT, ETHIOPIA, and the PENINSULA OF SINAI. Revised by the Author. Trauslated by LEONORA and JOANNA B. HORNER. With Maps and Coloured View of Mount Barkal.
27, 28, 30 & 36, ORDERICUS VITALIS. His Ecclesiastical History of England and Normandy, translated, with Notes, the Introduction of Guizot, Critical Notice by M. Delille, and very copious Index, by T. FORESTER, M.A. In 4 Vela.
29. INGULPH'S CHRONICLE OF THE ABBEY OF CROYLAND, with the Continuations by Peter of Blois and other Writers. By 1. T. RILEY, B.A.
32. LAMB'S SPECIMENS OF ENGLISH DRAMATIC POETS of the time of Elizabeth; including his Selections from the Garrick Plays.
33. MARCO POLO'S TRAVELS, the translation of Marsden, edited, with Notes and Introduction, by T. WRIGHT, M.A., F.S.A., &c.
34. FLORENCE OF WORCESTER'S CHRONICLE, comprising Annals of English History, from the Departure of the Romans to the Reign of Edward I.
35. HAND-BOOK OF PROVERBS. comprising the whole of Ray's Collection, and a complete Alphabetical Index, with large Additions, by IIENRY G. BOHN. 27. CHRONICLES OF THE TOMBS; a select Collection of Epitaphs; with Essay on Monumental Inscriptions, &c., by T. J. PETTIGREW, F.R.S., F.S.A. 30. A POLYGLOT OF FOREIGN PROVERBS; comprising French, Italian, German, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese & Danish. With English Translations, & General Index, 39. GIRALDUS CAMSRENSIS'S HISTORICAL WORKS. The Topography of Ire land, and the History of the Conquest of Ireland. The Itinerary through Wales, and the Description of Wales, edited by THOMAS WRIGHT, Esq., F.S.A.
BOHN'S HISTORICAL LIBRARY,
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price 5s. per Volume.
1, 2 & 3. JESSE'S MEMOIRS OF THE COURT OF ENGLAND DURING THE REIGN OF THE STUARTS, including the PROTECTORATE. In 3 vols., with General Index, and upwards of 40 Portraits engraved on steel.
4. JESSE'S MEMOIRS OF THE PRETENDERS AND THEIR ADHERENTS. New edition, complete in 1 vol., with Index and Six Portraits alter original Pictures. 5, 6, 7 & 8. PEPY'S DIARY AND CORRESPONDENCE, edited by LORD BRAI BROOKE. New and Improved Edition, with Additions. Complete in 4 Volumes. Illustrated with Portraits and plates.
9, 10, 11 & 12. EVELYN'S DIARY AND CORRESPONDENCE, with the Private Correspondence of Charles I. New edition, considerably enlarged, from the original Papers (by JOHN FORSTER, Esq.) In 4 vols. Portraits and plates. LORD NUGENT'S MEMORIALS OF HAMPDEN, 12 portraits.
BOHN'S LIBRARY OF FRENCH MEMOIRS.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price 3s. 6d. per Volume.
1&2. MEMOIRS OF PHILIP DE COMMINES, containing the Histories of Louis XI. and Charles VIII., Kings of France, and of Charles the Bold, Duke of Burgundy. To which is added, The Scandalous Chronicle. In 2 volumes. Portraits.
2, 4, 5, & 6. MEMOIRS OF THE DUKE OF SULLY, Prime Minister to Henry the Great. With Notes, and an Historical Introduction by SIR WALTER SCOIT. In 4 vola. With a General Index.