« AnteriorContinuar »
Those marked *, being Double Volumes, are le. 6d.
A1 EMERSON'S REPRESENTATIVE MEN.
2. IRVING'S LIFE OF MAHOMET
3. THE GENUINE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN. 4. WILLIS'S PEOPLE I HAVE MET.*
5. IRVING'S SUCCES SORS OF MAHOMET.”
15 & 16. TAYLOR'S EL DORADO; or, Pictures of the Gold Eegion. 2 Vols 17. IRVING'S ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN BONNEVILLE.
TALES OF THE ALHAMBRA.*
CONQUEST OF FLORIDA.*
ABBOTSFORD AND NEWSTEAD.
ASTORIA (Portrait of the Author.) 2 Vols. in 1
25. LAMARTINE'S GENEVIEVE; or, The History of a Servant Girl. Translated by A. R. SCOBLE.*
26 MAYO'S BERBER; or, The Mountaineer of the Atlas. A Tale of Morocco 27. WILLIS'S LIFE HERE AND THERE; or Sketches of Society and Adventure.* 28, GUIZOT'S LIFE OF MONK, with App endix and Portrait.*
29. THE CAPE AND THE KAFFIRS; A Diary of Five Years' Residence, with Advice to Emigrants. By II. WARD. Plate and Map of the Seat of War. 28. 30. WILLIS'S HURRY-CRAPHS; or Sketches of Scenery, Celebritica, and Society, taken from Life.*
31. HAWTHORNE'S HOUSE OF THE SEVEN GABLES. A Romance.
32. LONDON AND ITS ENVIRONS; with Historical and Descriptive Sketch of the Great Exhibition. By CYRUS REDDING. Numerous Illustrations. 28.
33, LAMARTINE'S STONEMASON OF SAINT POINT.*
34. GUIZOT'S MONK'S CONTEMPORARIES. A Series of Biographic Studies on the English Revolution. Portrait of Edward Lord Clarendon.
35. HAWTHORNE'S TWICE-TOLD TALES.
39. EMERSON'S ORATIONS AND LECTURES.
40. UNCLE TOM'S CABIN; or, Life among the Lowly, with Introduct ory Remarks by the REV. J. SHERMAN.
41. THE WHITE SLAVE. A new Picture of American Slave Life.
42. DAYS OF BATTLE; or, Quatre Bras and Waterloo. By an ENGLISHWOMAN, resident at Brussels in June, 1 815 (author of Rome in the Nineteenth Century) 43. GERVINUS INTRODUCTION TO THE HISTORY OF THE NINETEENTH CENTURY, translated from the German (with a Memoir of the Author).
44. CARPENTER'S (DR. W. B.) PHYSIOLOGY OF TEMPERANCE AND TOTAL ABSTINENCE, being an Examination of the Effects of the excessive, moderate, and occasional use of Alcoholic Liquors on the Human System (or on fine paper, bound in cloth, 2s. 6d.)
45. IRVING WOOLFERT'S ROOST, AND OTHER TALES, 1s.; or on fine paper with Portrait, ls. 6d.
46-50. IRVING'S LIFE OF GENERAL WASHINGTON. With General Index Fine Portrait. 5 vols., 2s. 6d. each.
61, LION HUNTING AND SPORTING LIFE IN ALGERIA, by JULES GERARD, the "Lion Killer," with twelve engravings. 1s. 6d.
52. MAYHEW'S IMAGE OF HIS FATHER; or, ONE BOY IS MORE TROUBLE THAN A DOZEN GIRLS. With 12 page-illustrations on steel, by "PHIZ." 28. 53-60. BOSWELL'S LIFE OF JOHNSON; including his Tour to the Hebrides, and Tour in Wales. Edited with large Additions and Notes by the RIGHT HON. JOHN WILSON CROKER. The original and complete Copyright Edition. With upwards of 40 finely-executed Engravings on steel. In 8 vols. 2s. each.
61 & 62. JOHNSONIANA: A collection of Miscellaneous Anecdotes and Sayings of Dr. Samuel Johnson. A sequel to Croker's Boswell. 2 vols. 45.
63. THE CONVALESCENT. By N. PARKER WILLIS. 1s. 6d.
64. PREACHERS AND PREACHING, in ancient and modern times. By the REV. H. CHRISTMAS. Portrait. 1s. 6d.
65, CINQ-MARS; or, A Conspiracy under Louis XIII. By COUNT ALFRED DE VIGNY. Translated by W. HAZLITT, Esq. Post 8vo. boards. 2s.
66. SANDFORD AND MERTON, With 8 fine Engravings on Wood. Post 8vo. 2s. 67, 68, 69. WASHINGTON IRVING'S LIFE AND LETTERS. Portrait, 3s. enent 70. LIFE AND ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN. ls.
71. THE MODERN NOVELISTS OF FRANCE. By EUGENE SUE, JULES JÄNIN, PAUL DE Kock, &c. 2s.
BOHN'S EXTRA VOLUMES.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price 33. 6d.
1. GRAMMONT'S MEMOIRS OF THE COURT OF CHARLES II. Poftraŭ. 2 & 3. RABELAIS' WORKS. Complete in 2 Vols. Portrait.
4. COUNT HAMILTON'S FAIRY TALES. Portrait.
5. BOCCACCIO'S DECAMERON, a complete Translation, by W. K. KELL7, Esq. Portrait.
6. CERVANTES' EXEMPLARY NOVELS, complete. Portrait.
7. THE HEPTAMERON. Tales in the manner of Boccaccio, by MARGARET, QUAMIN OF NAVARRE. Fine Portrait.
BOHN'S PHILOLOGICO-PHILOSOPHICAL LIBRARY.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price 5s. per Volume.
1. TENNEMANN'S MANUAL of the HISTORY of PHILOSOPHY, revised and continued by J. R. MORELL.
2 ANALYSIS and SUMMARY of HERODOTUS, with synchronistical Table of Events, Tables of Weights, Money, &c.
3. TURNER'S (DAWSON W.) NOTES TO HERODOTUS, for the use of Students. 4. LOGIC, or the SCIENCE OF INFERENCE, a popular Manual, by J. DEVEY. 6. KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON, translated by MIKLEJOHN.
6. ANALYSIS AND SUMMARY OF THUCYDIDES, by T. WHEELER, New Edition, with the addition of a complete Index.
7 & 8, WRIGHT'S PROVINCIAL DICTIONARY.
A Dictionary of Obsolete a
Provincial English, Compiled by THOMAS WRIGHT, Esc. (1049 pages). 2 vols. 10s -or in 1 thick volume, half morocco. 12s. 6d
9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17. LOWNDES' BIBLIOGRAPHER'S MANUAL OF ENGLISH LITERATURE. New Edition, revised and enlarged by II. G. BOHN. Parts-by-II., 111, 1V., V., VI., VII., VIII-& 1X., price 3s 6donch.