« AnteriorContinuar »
Text-Books for the Local Examinations, 1883.
Edited by T. E. Page, M.A. 18mo. 1s. 6d.
Virgil. Eneid, Book I. Edited, with
A Class-Book of Old Testament His-
Bacon's Essays. Edited, with Notes, by
Milton's Poetical Works.
Edited, with Introductions and Notes, by Professor Masson, Globe 8vo. 38. 6d. (Globe Series.) Historical Outlines of English Accidence. Comprising Chapters on the History and Development of the Language, and on Word-formation. By Rev. R. Morris, LL.D. New Edition. Extra feap. 8vo. 68. A Shakespearian Grammar. An Attempt to Illustrate some of the Differences between Elizabethan and Modern English. By the Rev. E. A. Abbott, D.D. New Edition. Extra feap. Svo. 6s. Macmillan's
**Keys to the French and German Courses
Catalogues of MACMILLAN AND Co.'s Educational Publications sent free.
MACMILLAN AND CO., BEDFORD STREET, LONDON, W.C.
Belmont Collegiate School for Girls.
13 & 14, BELMONT, BATH.
PUPILS prepared for the Cambridge Local Examinations. Boarders the Head Mistress, or by Ladies recom
mended by her.
Cambridge Local Examinations: New centre, Bath (1883).
HIGHER LOCAL EXAMINATIONS.
HE Proprietors of The Cambridge Examiner offer the following prizes
Tto the students of the Correspondence Class, to be awarded in Sep
tember, 1883, on the result of that year's Examination: To the Student who passes first in Group A, £5 5s., and to those who pass best in Groups R, B, C, D, E, F, £2 28., provided in every case that a First Class with distinction be taken.
(a) EZRA, NEHEMIAH, AND THE HISTORICAL PARTS OF JEREMIAH ; (b) ST. LUKE; (c) THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES, I.—XII. INCLUSIVE; (d) CHURCH CATECHISM.
No student will be examined in more than three of the subjects (a), (b), (c), (d).
1. Trace the career of Ezra as related in the books of Ezra and Nehemiah.
2. Give, in your own words, a short sketch of the history narrated in Ezra i.-vi.
3. Explain fully, and note any peculiarities or allusions in: (i) "The Lord God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth."
(ii) "The children of Solomon's servants."
(iii) "With Urim and with Thummim."
(iv) "All such as had separated themselves unto them.”
4. Give a short account of St. Luke. How did the circumstances of his life fit him to become the biographer of Christ? 5. Senior Paper, No. 6.
(i) "This child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel."
(ii) "Which was the son of Heli."
(iii) "His word was with power."
(iv) "The disciples of John fast often."
(v) "That which is not lawful to do on the sabbath day."
7. "The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus." Explain. this allusion, noting its bearing on the authorship of this work. 8. Contrast the account of the ascension of Christ given in the Acts with any other records of the same.
9. Describe the ceremony by which a successor to the Apostolic band was appointed on the death of Judas.
10. What do godfathers and godmothers undertake for children at their baptism? Are children bound by the vows of their sponsors?