« AnteriorContinuar »
A certified copy of the minutes of the business transactions of the annual meeting, excepting official documents, shall be posted by the General Secretary on the official bulletin board at least three hours before the final meeting of each annual session, in order that the said minutes may be corrected by the Conference, if any question of accuracy be raised before adjournment.
12. Local Arrangements
All local arrangements for the annual meeting shall be subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Conference.
13. Nomination and Election of Officers
1. The nominating committee shall have the function of nominating one or more persons for each of the offices of President, First Vice-President, Second Vice-President, and Third VicePresident, and at least twice as many persons for members of the Executive Committee as there are vacancies occurring in that body.
2. Suggestions of names of persons for any of these positions may be submitted to the nominating committee by any members of the Conference at any time following the committee's . appointment and up to the time of the committee's announcement of the list of nominations.
3. Within ninety days of its appointment, the nominating committee shall, through the Bulletin, solicit suggestions of names of persons for the offices to be filled, and shall renew such solicitation in each succeeding Bulletin up to the time of announcing the list of nominations. The committee shall appoint a place at or near headquarters on the second day of the annual meeting and shall announce the same, at which suggestions for nominations shall be received by them up to 1:15 P.M. of the third day of the annual meeting.
4. After taking into consideration the names suggested by the Conference members, but not necessarily confining their consideration to these names, the committee shall draw up a list of nominations as previously specified, and the same shall be announced at the general session on the evening of the third day of the Conference.
5. At any time either before or following the publication of these nominations, additional nominations may be made by petition of not less than twenty-five members, properly addressed to the chairman of the nominating committee. Such nominations shall be received up to one o'clock P.M. on the fourth day of the annual meeting.
6. A final list of all nominations shall be printed and published on the morning of the fifth day of the annual meeting, provided that such day shall not fall on Sunday. Should the fifth day fall on Sunday, such publication shall be made on the morning of the sixth day.
Ballots shall be supplied to all members who are entitled to vote and who present themselves for voting.
A polling place shall be established and maintained between the hours of 8 A.M. and 5 P.M. on the fifth day of the annual meeting, provided that such day shall not fall on Sunday, in which case the election shall occur on the sixth day. After the time herein specified for voting has expired the ballots shall be counted by three tellers appointed by the President and the result shall be announced at the next general session of the Conference. Election shall be decided by plurality of the votes cast.
Addams, Jane (address), 108
Administrative practice (of medicine), Com-
Admissions and Records in an Almshouse,
Adolescent delinquents and the institution,
Adult education, 340
Advertising Club of a city and federation
Aged in Massachusetts, Proposed Measures
Allowances, family and living wage, 305; paid
Almshouse (see also Infirmary) should be
Almshouse, The Future Development of the,
Amalgamated Clothing Workers' social wel-
American Association for Organizing Family
American Law Institute and the social worker,
American City, A Program for, Hart, 369
Americanization, Community Programs and
America's interest in work of International
Anarchistic classes and immigration, 568
Appraisal form for measuring public health
Apprentices, recruiting of, for social work,
Background of a Family's Religious Life as
Baltimore City Hospitals, described, 524
Behavior (see Mental Hygiene, Psychology,
Bemis, Mrs. E. W. (paper), 550
Bituminous Coal Problem, A Minority Report
Blauvelt, Warren S. (paper), 50
Boarding home plan for children, 138
Books and scholarship needed by social work-
Boyology, Brother Barnabas, 172
Boys' work, problem boys, 445; training for,
Brackett, Jeffrey R. (paper), 532
Cabinet, a department of health necessary?
Cabot, Richard C., M.D. (paper), II