« AnteriorContinuar »
BOHN'S STANDARD LIBRARY,
61: TAYLOR'S (JEREMY) HOLY LIVING AND DYING. Portrait.
52. GOETHE'S WORKS. Vol. III. ["Faust," "Iphigenia," "Torquato Tasso," and " Egmont." Translated by MISS SWANWICK. With "Goetz von Berlichingen," translated by SIR WALTER SCOTT.
53, 56, 58, 61, 66, 67, & 75. NEANDER'S CHURCH HISTORY.
revised by the REV. A. J. W. MORRISON.
54. NEANDER'S LIFE OF CHRIST.
57, 64. NEANDER'S PLANTING OF CHRISTIANITY, & ANTIGNOSTIKUS, 2 Vols. 59. GREGORY'S (DR.) LETTERS ON THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION. 62 & 63. JAMES' (G. P. R.) LOUIS XIV. Complete in 2 Vols. Portraits.
68 & 70. SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS' LITERARY WORKS, with Memoir, 2 Vols. Port. 69. ANDREW FULLER'S PRINCIPAL WORKS. Portrait.
72. BUTLER'S ANALOGY OF RELIGION, AND SERMONS, with Notes, &c. Port. 73. MISS BREMER'S WORKS. Translated by MAKY HOWITT. New Edition, revised. Vol. I. [The Neighbours," and other Tales.] Post 8vo. Portrait. Ss. 6d. 74. NEANDER'S MEMORIALS OF CHRISTIAN LIFE IN THE EARLY AND MIDDLE AGES (including his "Light in Dark Places"). Post 8vo. 3s. 6d.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price Ss. 6d.,
BOHN'S EXTRA VOLUMES.
1. GRAMMONT'S MEMOIRS OF THE COURT OF CHARLES II. Portrait. 2 & 3. RABELAIS' WORKS. Complete in 2 Vols. Portrait.
4. COUNT HAMILTON'S FAIRY TALES. Portrait.
Uniform with the STANDARD LIBRARY, price 5s. (excepting "Cosmos," which is only 3s. 6d., and Mantell's "Petrifactions," which is 6s.),
BOHN'S SCIENTIFIC LIBRARY.
1. STAUNTON'S CHESS PLAYER'S HAND-BOOK, with Diagrams. 2. LECTURES ON PAINTING, by THE ROYAL ACADEMICIANS. 3, 4, 8, & 15. HUMBOLDT'S COSMOS; or, Sketch of a Physical Description of the Universe. Translated, with Notes, by E. C. OTTE. In 4 Vols., with fine Portrait. This Translation (though published at so low a price) is more complete than any other. The Notes are placed beneath the text. Humboldt's analytical summaries, and the passages hitherto suppressed, are included; and comprehensive Indices subjoined. Ss. 6d. per Volume.
6. STAUNTON'S CHESS PLAYER'S COMPANION, comprising a New Treatise on Odds, a Collection of Match Games, Original Problems, &c.
6. HAND-BOOK OF GAMES, by VARIOUS AMATEURS and PROFESSORS. 7. HUMBOLDT'S VIEWS OF NATURE, with coloured view of Chimborazo, &c. 9. RICHARDSON'S GEOLOGY, AND PALEONTOLOGY, Revised by Dr. WRIGHT, with upwards of 400 Illustrations on Wood.
10. STOCKHARDT'S PRINCIPLES OF CHEMISTRY, Exemplified in Simple Experiments, with upwards of 270 Illustrations.
11. DR. G. A. MANTELL'S PETRIFACTIONS AND THEIR TEACHINGS; A Hand-Book to the Fossils in the British Museum. Beautiful Wood Engravings. 6s. 12. AGASSIZ AND GOULD'S COMPARATIVE PHYSIOLOGY. New and Enlarged Edition, with nearly 400 fine Illustrations.
13 & 19. HUMBOLDT'S PERSONAL NARRATIVE OF HIS TRAVELS IN AMERICA. Vols. I. & II. (to be completea in 8 Volumes.)
14. PYE SMITH'S GEOLOGY AND SCRIPTURE. Fifth Edition, with Memoir. 16. OERSTED'S SOUL IN NATURE, &C. Portrait.
17. STAUNTON'S CHESS TOURNAMENT, with Diagrams.
18 & 19. BRIDGEWATER TREATISES. KIRBY on the History, Habits, and Instincts of Animals; Edited by T. RYMER JONES. In 2 Vols. Many Illustrations.
UNIFORM WITH THE STANDARD LIBRARY,
BARBAULD'S (MRS.) SELECTIONS FROM THE SPECTATOR, TATLER, GUARDIAN, AND FREEHOLDER. In 2 Vols. 3s. 6d. per Volume.
BRITISH POETS, from MILTON to KIRKE WHITE, Cabinet Edition, comprising, in a very small but remarkably clear type, as much matter as the sixty volumes of Johnson's Poets. Complete in 4 Vols., with Frontispieces. 14s.
CARY'S TRANSLATION OF DANTE. Extra cloth. 7s. 6d.
CATTERMOLE'S EVENINGS AT HADDON HALL. 24 exquisite Engravings on
CLASSIC TALES; comprising The Vicar of Wakefield, Elizabeth, Paul and Virginia,
HORACE'S ODES AND EPODES, translated literally and rythmically, by the REV.
IRVING'S (WASHINGTON) WORKS. Complete in 10 Vols., £1 15s., or 3s. 6d. per JOYCE'S SCIENTIFIC DIALOGUES. Greatly Improved Edition, with Questions, &c., & by PINNOCK. (Upwards of 600 pages). Woodcuts. 5s.
JOYCE'S INTRODUCTION TO THE ARTS AND SCIENCES. 58.
LAMARTINE'S POETICAL MEDITATIONS AND RELIGIOUS HARMONIES with Biographical Sketch. Portrait. Cloth, Ss. 6d.
LAWRENCE'S LECTURES ON COMPARATIVE ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY, C
LOWTH'S LECTURES ON THE SACRED POETRY OF THE HEBREWS. 38. 6d. MAXWELL'S VICTORIES OF THE BRITISH ARMIES. New Edition, with highly finished Steel Portraits, extra gilt cloth. 7s. 6d.
MICHELET'S HISTORY OF THE FRENCH REVOLUTION. 4s.
MILLER'S PHILOSOPHY OF HISTORY. Third Revised and Improved Edition, 4 Volumes, at 3s. 6d. per Volume.
MILNER'S HISTORY OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST. 4 vols. 14s.
MITFORD'S (MISS) OUR VILLAGE. 2 Vols., New Edition, with Woodcuts and beantiful Frontispieces on Steel, gilt cloth. Each Vol. 5s.
PARKES ELEMENTARY CHEMISTRY. New Edition, revised, 5s.