« AnteriorContinuar »
. The difference that will be put between
fruitful and barren professors -
1. Our faith and hope
363 • The folly of atheism
:.*The shamefulness of not knowing God
• The danger of spiritual idolatry . 366
• An inquiry into our faith -
- * The folly of unbelief 368
• The danger of it - 369
• The end of it .. . - .
• The spirituality of the law - - -
pravity - - - 374 1,.* The only righteousness by which men can
be saveda -
of sinners -
- Against bringing forth fruit to ourselves ..
. * Against being wise in our own conceits 382 - The self-flattering delusions of sinners
• The importance of knowing Christ
a This and the two following are inserted here, not as warnings, but on account of their inseparable connexion with the foregoing subject.
424 | The importance of attending to God's ex-
hortations in general .
436 -. Du from the consideration of what he has
. - done for us - - - -
428 - To turn to Christ as a strong-hold -
• To come to him for living water -
- To remind him of his promises . .
• To expect from lim the pardon of all sin · |
• To enquire for the good old way
SERMON on Mr. Cadogan ·
To encourage and comfort others
To exercise benevolence towards the poor
- To put away sloth
of God • -
- To welcome our incarnate God .
in himself ..
do for us
For a Table of the Texts illustrated in the Skeletons, and for an Index to SUBJECts proper for Particular Occasions-See the end of the 5th Volume.