« AnteriorContinuar »
I unto you. Let not your is stayed on thee : because he trustHeart be TROUBLED, neither
er įth in thee.
12. Lord, thou wilt ORDAIN · ler it be AFRAID.
PEACE for us : for chou also haft 28. Ye have heard how I WROUGHT all our Works in us. said unto you, I go away,
Chap. liii. s. The Chastisement iaja unto you, ' 8° away of our PEACE was upon him, and and come again unto you. It with his Stripes we are healed. : ye loved me, ye would re- Zech. vi. 13. He shall be a Priest
herra 'Gid L joice, because I said, I go
upon his THRONE, and the Coun
fel of Peace shall be between them unto the Father : For my both. Father is greater than I. Als x. 36. The Word which 20. And now I have told God sent unto the Children of .
rael, preaching PEACE by Jeftus you before it come to pais, Chrift, he is Lord of all. that when it is come to pass, Rom. v. 1. T'herefore being Jusye might believe.
TIFIED by Faith, we have peace 30. Hereafter I will not
Toon , will not with God, through our Lord Jeft talk much with you: for the 1o. For if when we were EnePrince of this World cometh, mies, we were reconciled to God 'and hath nothing in me.
by the Death of his Son: much
more being reconciled, we shall be 21. But that the World SAVED by his Life. may know that I love the II. And not only so, but we also Docter and the facher Joy in God, through our Lord te
' fuu Chrift, by whoin we have now gave me Commandment, received the ATONEMENT even so I do. Arise, let us 2 Cor. v 18. All Things are of
God, who hach reconciled us to go hence.
himself by 7. fuus Chrifi, and hath given to us the Ministry of RE.
CONCILIATION; 19. To wit, that God was in Chrift, reconciling the World unto him. felf, not IMPUTING their TRESPASSES unto them : and hath commit. ted unto us the Word of RECONCILIATION.
Ephef. ii. 13. But now in Christ Jefu, ye who sometimes were afas off, are made NIGH by the Blood or Christ.
14. For he is our PEACE, who hath madc both one, and hath broken down the middle Wall of Partition between us ;
15. Having abolilked in his Flesh the Envity, even the Law of Commandments, for to make in himself of twain, one new Man, fo making PEACE ;
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one Body by the CROSS, having nain the ENMITY thereby :
17. And came and preached PEACE to you which were afar oft, and to them that were nigh.
19. Now therefore ye are no more Strangers and foreigners : be fellow Citizens with the Saints, and of the HOUSHOLD of God.
Col. i, 20. And having made PEACE through the Blood of his Cross, by him to reconcile all Things unto himself, by him, I say, whether they be Things in Enth, or Things in Heaven.
21. And you that were fometime alienated, and Enemics in foc Mind by wicked WORKS, yet now hath he reconciled,
22. In the Body of his FLESH, to present you holy and unblamcable. and unreproveable in his Sight.
Phil. iv. 6. Be careful for nothing : but in every thing by PRAYER and SUPPLICATION with THANKSGIVING, let your Requelts be made known unto God.
7. And the PEACE of God which pafseth all laderstaoding, shall keep your Hearts and Minds through Christ Jesus.
1. Tbe Confolation and mutual Love between CHRIST
and bis Members, under the Parable of the Vine. 18. A Comfort in the Hatred and Perfecution of the World. 26. The Office of the Holy Ghost, and of the Apostles.
Ver. 1.7 AM the true VINE, Cant. DY Night on my Bed I and my father is iii. I.D I SOUGHT him whom
my Soul loveth: I sougut him, the Husbandman.
but I found him not. 2. Every Branch in me that 2. I will rise now, and go about bearerh not FRUIT, he tak- the City in the Streets, and in the
broad Ways I will seek him whom eth away: and every Branch
every branch my SOUL LOVETH: I sought him, that beareth Fruit, he purg- but I found him not.. eth it, that it may bring forth 4. It was but a little that I passed
from them, but I found him whom more Fruit.
my Soul loveth : I held him, and 3. Now ye are clean thro'
would not let him go. the Word which I have fpo (6) 2. Cor. iii. s. Not that we ken unto you.
are lufficient ot' our felves to think
any thing as of our felves: but Our 4. Abide in me, and I in Sufficiency is of God. you. As the Branch cannot Phil. iv. 13. I can do all Things bear Fruit of itself, except through Chrift which itrengthneth
me.. it abide in the Vine: no more Ephef. ii. 8. For by Grace are can ye, except ye abide in ye saved, through Faith; and
that not of your felves, it is the me.
Gift of God: 5. I am the VINE, ye are 9. Nor of Works, Iest any Man the BRANCHES : He that a- Tould boaft. bideth in me, and I in bim,
Titu jii. 4. But after that the the same bringerh forth much SAVIOUR toward Man appeared, .
KINDNESS and Love of God our Fruit : (6 for without me S. Not by Works of Righteoura ye can do nothing.
neis, which we have done, but ac6. If a Man abide not in by the washing of Regeneration,
in cording to his MERCY he saved us me, he is cast forth as a and renewing of the Holy GHOST, Branch, and is withered ; and Cant. viii. 6. Set me as a Seal Men gather them, and cast i
n upon chine Heart, as a Scal upon
chine Arm: for Love is STRONO them
them into the Fire, and they as them into the fire and they as Death, JEALOUSY is cruel as the
y Grave : the Coals thereof are Coals are burned.
of Fire, which hath a moft vehe7. If ye abide in me, and ment Flame. my Words abide in you, ve 1 Cor. Vi. Is. Know ye not that Shall ask what ye will, and Chrift? Shall I then take the Mem
your Bodies are the MEMBERS of it shall be done unto you. bers’of Chrift, and make them the
8. Herein is my Father Members of an Harlot? God forGLORIFIED, that ye bear. that ve ben bid. ;
17. But he that is JOINED unto much Fruit, so shall ye be the Lord, is one Speit. my Disciples.
Chap. xi. 3. But I would have 0. As the Father bath lov. you know, that the Head of eve
ry Man is Chrift, ed me, fo have I loved you: Chap. xii. 12. For as the Body is continue ye in my Love one, and hath many Meinbers, and 10. If ye keep my Com- 6
all the Members of that one Body,
Mo being many, arc one Body: lo alio MANDMENTS ye shall abide is Chrift. in my LOVE: even as I have 13. For by one SPIRIT are we kept my Father's Command. all baptized into one Body, whe
ther we be Jews or Gatiles, whements, and abide in his Love.
le in nis Love. ther we be bond or free, and have 11. These Things have I been all made to drink into one fpoken unto you, that my SPIRT
27. Now ye are the Body of foy might remain in you, Chrift, and Members in particular. and that your Joy might be 2 Cor. xi. 2. For I am jealous over full.
you with godly Jealousy: for I have 12. This is my COMMAND
cipouled you to one Husband, that
I may present you as a chaite Virgin MENT, That ye love one to Christ. another, as I have loved you. _Ephef. i. 22. And hath put all 13. Greater * Love hath
Things under his feet, and gave
watn him to be the Head over all Things no Man, than this, that a to the Church, Man LAY DOWN his Life 23. Which is his Body, the Ful. for his Friends.
NESS of him that filleth all in all,
Chap. iv. 15. But speaking the 14. Ye are my Friends, if Truth in Love, may grow up inye do whatsoever I command to him in all Things, which is the you.
HEAD, even Cbrift. 15. Henceforth I call you
Chap. v. 2. And walk in Love,
as Chrif also ha:h loved us, and not SERVANTS, for the Ser- hath given himself for us, an Of vant knoweth not what his fering and a Sacrifice to God for a
sweet-smelling Savour. Lord doth : but I have cal
cal. 25. Chrift LOVED the CHURCH, led you FRIENDS; for all and gave himfelf for it : things that I have heard of 26. That he might SANCTIFI my Father, I have made Water, by the WORD,
and cleanse ir, with the washing of known unto you.
27. That he might present it to 16. Ye
* See pag. 94, 10 100. Of the Love of Gon, and of Christ, against John iii. 16.
16. Ye have not chosen himself a GLORIOUS CHURCH, nos me, but I have chosen vou, having Spot or Wrinkle, or any such
as Thing, but that it should be holy and and ordained you, that you without Blemish. should go and bring forth 30. For we are Members of his Fruit, and that your Fruit Body, of his Flesh, and of his
Bones. should remain: that whatso- Col. i. 18. And he is the Head ever. ye Shail ask of the Fa- of the Body, the CHURCH : who ther in my Name, he may is the Beginning, the FIRST-BORN
from the Dead ; that in all Things give it you.
he might have the Preeminence. 17. These Things I com-19. For it pléased the Father, that mand you, that ye LOVE one in him should all FULNESS dwell. another.
Chap. ii. 19. And not holding the Head, from which all the Body
by Joints and Bands having Nourishment ministred, and knit together, increaseth with the Increase of God.
Heb. ii. 11. For both he that SANCTIFIETU, and they who are SANCTIFIED, are all of ONE: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them BRETHREN,
12. Saying, I will declare thy Name unto my Brethren, in the midst of the Church will I sing Praise unto thee,
Chap. jii. 6. But Christ as a Son over his own House : whose House are we, if we hold falt the Confidence, and the rejoicing of the Hope firm unto the End.
Rev. iii. 20. Behold, I stand at the Door, and knock : if any Man hear my Voice, and open the Door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Ver. 18.TF * the World hate you, ye know that it hated
I me before it hated you. 19. If ye were of the World, the World would love his own : but because ye are not of the World, but I have chosen you out of the World, therefore the World hateth you.
20. Remember the Word that I said unto you, The Ser vant is not greater than the Lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also PÉRSECUTE you: If they have kept my Saying, they will keep yours alfo.
21. But all these Things will they do unto you for my Name's fake, hecause they know not him that sent me. 22. If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had Rr2
* Note, Part of the xyth and xvith of John is quoted before in Pages 74, 75, 76. (where Chrift foretels the great Persecutions that should be. fal his Disciples) which is here again inserted, that the Speeches of QUR SAVIOUR may be kept intire, Sec also the References against Marther v. 10.
not had Sin : but now they have no Cloke for their sin,
23. He that hateth me, hateth my Father also. · 24. If I had not done among them the Works which none other Man did, they had not had SIN : but now have they both seen, and hated both me and my Fatber.
25, Bút this cometh to pass, that the Word might be fulfilled that is written in their Law, They HATED me without a Cause,
26. But when the * COMFORTER is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the SPIRIT of TRUTH, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall TESTIFY of me.
27. And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the Beginning.
CH A P. XVI.
1. CHRIST comforteth bis Disciples against Tribula
tion, by the Promise of the Holy Ghost, and by bis Refurrection and Ascension. 23. Alurerb their Pray'ers made in bis Name to be acceptable to bis Fatber, 33. Peace ing GURIST, and in the World Affli&tion.
Ver. 1. THESE Things have I fpoken unto you, that
1 ye should not be offended.. 2. They shall put you out of the Synagogues : yea, the Time cometh, that whosoever KILLETH you, will think that he doth God service.
3. And these Things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4. But these Things have I told you, that when the Time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these Things I said not untd you at the Beginning, because I was with you.
5. But pow I go my Way to him that SENT me, and none of you asketh me, Whither goeft thou ?
6. But because I have said these Things unto you, Sore row hath filled your Hearts.
7. Never* See Aits ii. T'Descent of the Holy Ghost, and the References thereto.