« AnteriorContinuar »
Exod. xxxii. 11. And Mofes besought the LORD his GOD, and said, LORD, why doth thy Wrath wax hot against thy People, which thou haft brought forth out of the Land of Egypt, with great Power and with a mighty Hand ? · 12. Wherefore should the Egyptians speak and say, For MISCHIEF did he bring them out, to 'sLAY 'them in the Mountains, and to CONSUME them from the Face of the Earth ? Turn from thy fierce Wrath, and repent of this Evil against thy People.
14. And the LORD repented of the Evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Numb. xiv. 17. And now, I beseech thee, let the Power of my LORD be great, according as thou haft spoken, faying,
18. The LORD is LONG-SUFFERING, and of great MERCY, forgiving INIQUITY and TRANSGRESSION, and by no means clearing the GUILTY, visiting the INI. QUITY of the Fathers upon the Children, unto the third and fourth Generation. . : ..
19. Pardon, I beseech thee, the INIQUITY of this People, according unto the Greatness of thy MERCY; and as thou hast FORGIVEN this people from Egypt, even until now.
Deut. iv. 9. For what Nation is there fo greát, who hath GOD so NIGH unto them, as the LORD Our God is in all Things that we call upon him for ? | 29. If thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou fhale find him, if thou seek him with all thy HEART, and with all thy SOUL.
foshua x. i 2. Then (pake Topua to the LORD, in the Day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the Children of Israel; and he said in the Sight
of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon, and thou Moon, in the Valley of Ajalon. :
13. And the Sun stood ftill, and the Moon stayed, until the Peuple hadavenged themselves upon their ENEMIES. So the Sun stood still in the midit of Heaven, and hasted not to GO DOWN about a whole Day.
14. And there was no Day like that before it or af. ter it, that the LORD HEARKNED anto the Voice of a Man: for the LORD fought for Ifrael.
Judg. xv. 18. And Samson was fore athirit, and CALLED on the LORD, and said, Thou hast given this great DELIVERANCe into the Hand of thy Servant, and now shall I die for Thirst, and fall into the Hand of the Uncircumcised ?
19. But God. clave an hollow Place that was in the Jaw, and there came Water thereout ; and when he had drunk, his SPIRIT came again, and he revived.
: i Sam. i. 10. · And Hannah was in bitterness of Soul, and PRAYED unto the LORD, and wEPT SORE.
11. And she vowed a Vow, and said, O LORD of Hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the AFFLICTION of thine Handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine Handmaid, but wilt give unto thine Handmaid a Man-Child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the Days of his Life. : 13. Now Hannab the spake in her HEART, only her Lips moved, but her Voice was not heard.
Psalm xxxii. 5. I ACKNOWLEDGED my Sin unto thee, and mine INIQUITY have I not hid : I said, I will CONFESS my TRANSGRESSIONS unto the LORD; and thou FORGAVEST the INIQUITY of my Sin.
6. For this shall every one that is godly, PRAY unto thee in a Time when thou mayst be found.:
Psalm xxxiv. 15. The Eyes of the LORD are upon the RIGHTEOUS, and his Ears are OPEN unto their Cry.
Pf.1. 15. Call upon me in the Day of TROUBLE; I will DELIVER thee, and thou shalt GLORIFY me.
Pl. Ixv. 2. O thou that HEAREST PRAYER, unto thee shall all Flesh come. i 5.1. 7.:.
Pf.cxlv. 18. The LORD IS NIGH unto all them that CALL upon him, to all that CALL upon him in TRUTH.
19. He will FULFIL the DESIRR of them that. FË AR hire : He also will hear their Cry, and will savi them. .
1 Kings viii. 22. And Solomon stood before the Altar of the LORD, in the Presence of all the Congregation of Israel, and fpread forth his Hands toward Heaven :
23. And he said, LORD God of Jfrael, there is no God like thee, in Heaven above, or on Earth beneath, who keepest COVENANT and MERCY with thy Servants, that walk before thee with all their HEART.
27. But will God indeed DWELL on the Earth? Behold, the HEAVEN, and HEAVEN OP HEAVENS cannot CONTAIN thee; how much less this House 'that I have builded ?
28. Yet have thou resped unto the PRAYER of thy Servant, and to his SUPPLICATION, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the Cry, and to the PRAYER which thy Servant PRAYETH before thee: ' . - 30. And hearken thou to the SUPPLICATION of thy Servant, and of thy People Ifrael, when they shall PRAY Towards this Place; and HBAR thou in Heaven thy dwelling Place, and when thou hearest, FORGIVE.
1 Kings ix. 2. And the LORD appeared to Solomon,
3. And said unto him, I have heard thy PRAYER and thy SUPPLICATION that thou hast made before me,
2 Chron. i. 7. In that Night diờ GOD appear unto Solomon, and faid unto him, Ask what I fhall give thce. .
. . . . ; ; 8. And Solomon said unto GOD, Thou haft shewed great MERCY unto David my Father, and haft made me to reign in his stead:
riide: , :- 10. Give me now Wisdom and KNOWLEDGE, that I may go out and come in before this people. · II. And God faid to Solomon, Because This was in tbine HEART, and thou haft not ASKED RICẠBS, WEALTH, or HONOUR, nor the Life of thine Enemies, peither yet haft asked LONG LIFE ; but hast asked WISDOM and KNOW LEDGE for thy self, that thou mayst judge my People: :
12. Wisdom and KNOWLEDGE is GRANTED unto thee, and I will give thee Riches, and WEALTH, and HONOUR, such as none of the Kings have had, that have been before thee, neither lhall there any after thee have the like. !!! I
. i Kings xviii. 36. And it came to pass at the Time of the offering of the EVENING SACRIFICĐ, that Elijah the Prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abrabam, ffaac, and of Ifrael, let it be known this Day, that thou art God in Ifrael, and that I am thy Seryant, and that I have done all these Things at thy Word. I.. prilir?
37. HEAR me, O LORD, HEAR me, that this People may know that thou art the LORD GOD, and that thou haft turped their heart back again 2 · 3&. Then the Fire of the LORD fell, and consum, ed the Burnt-Sacrifice..
2 Chron. xiv, Jo. Then Afa went out against him, and they set the Battle in aray.
11. And Asa CRIED unto the LORD his God, and faid, LORD, it is nothing with thee to help, whe
ther with mapy, or with them that have no POWER: Help us, O LORD Qur God for we. REST on thee, and in thy Name we go against this Multitude: O LORD chou art OUR GOD, let not MAN prevail against thee.
12. So the LORD (mote the Etbiopians before Afa, and before Judat, and the Ethiopians fled...
Chap. xx. 5. And Jebossaphat stood in the House of the LORD
6. And said, O LORD God of our Fathers, art not thou God in Heaven? and RULEST not thou over all the KINGDOMS of the Heathen ?, and in thine Hand is there not POWER and Might, so that none is ABLE TO WITHSTAND thee?
7. Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the Inhabitants of this Land before thy People Ifrael?
8. And they DWEĻT therein, and have built thee a Sanctuary within, for thy Name, saying, ;
9. If when Evil cometh upon us, as the SWORD, JUDGMENT, or PESTILENCE, or FAMINE, we ftand be fore this House, and in thy. Presence, (for thy Name is in this House) and cry unto thee in our AFFLIC TON, then thou wilt HBAR and HELP..
10. And now, behold, the Children of Ammon, and Moab, and Mount Seir, whom thou wouldst not let Ifrael invade, when they came out of the Land of Bgypt;
11. Behold, I say, how they reward us, to come to cast us out of Thy Possession, which Thou halt GIVEN us to inherit.
12. O our God, wilt thou not judge them ? For we have NO MIGHT against this great Company that cometh against us: neither KNOW we what to do; but our Eyes are upon thee, sei
14. Then the SPIRIT of the LORD came upon 7a. baziel :