« AnteriorContinuar »
21. And having an HIGH PRIEST over the House of God:
22. Let us draw near with a true Heart, in full Assurance of Faith, having our Hearts sprinkled from an evil Conscience, and our Bodies washed with pure Water.
23. Let us HOLD Fast the Profession of our Faith without wavering (for he is FAITHFUL that promited)
i John iii. 23. And this is his COMMANDMENT, that we should believe on the Name of his Son Jesus Christ, and Love one another, as he gave us Commandment.
Chap. v.s. Who is he that overcometh the World, but he chat believe eth that Jesus is the Son of God.
CHRIST comfortetb bis Disciples with the Hope of
Heaven, profesetb himself the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and One with ibe Father.
felf, unto my
N (6) my Father's (6) Job
ND though after my House are many this Body, yet in my Flesh Mail I MANSIONS; if it were not fo, SEE God. I would have told
you: I go
27. Whom I Mall see for my self,
and mine Eyes shall behold, and to prepare a Place for you.
not another, though my Reins be 3. And if I go and pre- consumed within me. pare a Place for you, I will Psal. xvi. 11. Thou wilt shew come again, and receive you Presence is FULNESS of Joy, at thy
me the Path of LIFE : in thy that where I right Hand there are pleasures for am, there ye may be also. 4. And whither I go ye me by thy Counsel, and afterward
Pf. lxxiii. 24. Thou shalt guide know, and the Way yerkpow. receive me into GLORY. 5.
Thomas faith unto him, 25. Whom have I in Heaven but Lord, we know not whither thee? and there is none upon Earth
that I delire besides thee. thou goest, and how can we
26. My Flesh and my Heart failknow the Way?
eth, but God is the Strength of my 6. Jesus faith unto him, Heart and my PORTION for ever.
2 Chron, vi. 8. But will God in I am the Way, and the
very deed dwell with Men on the TRUTH, and the LIFE: no Earth? Behold, Heaven and the Man cometh unto the Father Heaven of Heavens cannot contain
thee. but by me.
Ifai. Ixiv. 4. For fince the Begin. 7. If ye had known me, ye ning of the World Men have noc should have known my Fa- heard, por perceived by the Ear, ther also: and from hence- neither hath the Eye seen, o God,
besides thee: what he hath prepared know him, and have for him that wanteth for him. seen him.
Dan. xii. 3. And they that be 8. Philip faith unto him, of the Firmament, and they that
WISE shall shine as the Brightness Lord,
Lord, sh Ew us the FATHER, turn many to Righteousness, as the and it fufficeth us.
Scars for ever and ever. 9. Fefies faith unto him, King say unto them on his right
Matt, xxv. 34. Then Ihall the Have I been so long Time Hand, Come ye BLESSED of my and
Father, inherit the KINGDOM prehaft thou
yet not known me, Pbilip? He TiON of the WORLD,
pared for you from the Foundathat bath seen me, hath seen 41. Then shall he say also unto the Father; and how fayeft them on the lett Hand, Depart from thou then, Shew us the Fa- Fire, prepared for the Devil and
me, ye CURSED, into everlasting ther?
his Angels. 10. BELIEVEST thou not 46. And these shall go away inthat I am in the * Father, the Righteous into Life Eternal.
to everlasting PUNISHAIENT, but and the Father in me? The Luke xxii. 29. And I APPOINT Words that I speak unto you, unto you a KINGDOM, as my FaI speak not of my felf: 'but ther hath appointed unto me.
30. That ye may eat and drink the Father that dwelleth in at my Table, and sit on THRONES; me, he doth the Works. judging the twelve Tribes of Ifracl. II. BELIEVE me that I
Rom. viii. 18. For I reckon that am in the Father, and the Life, are not worthy to be com
the SuFFERINGS of this present Father in me: or else believe pared with the GLORY which liall me for the very Works fake. be revealed in us. 12. Verily, verily I say unto PLICTION, which is but for a Mo
2 Cor. iv. 17. For our light AFyou,
He that believeth on me, ment, worketh for us a far more the Works that I do Thall he exceeding and eternal Weight of
GLORY; do also, and greater Works
18. While we LOOK not ar te than these shall he do ; be- Things which are seen, but at the cause I go unto my Father. Things which are not seen: for the
Things which are seen, are temporal; but the things which are no
seen, are eternal. Chap. v. 1. For we know, tirat if our earthly House of this Tabernacle were dissolved, we have a BUILDING of God, an House not made with Hands, eternal in the Heavens.
2. For in this we GROAN, earnestly desiring to be cloathed upon with our House, which is from Heaven :
3. 'It so be that being, CLOATHED, we shall not be found NAKED.
4. For we that are in this Tabernacle do GROAN, being burdened: not for that we would be uncĻOATied, but cloached upon, that MosTALITY might be swallowed up of Life.
Heh. xi. 16. But now they desire a better Country, that is, an heaves. ly: Wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he barb prepared for them a City:
Chap. xii 22. But ye are come unto MOUNT SION, and unto the City of the LIVING GOD, the heavenly ferusalem, and to an INNUMERABLE COMPANY of Angels,
23. To the general ASSEMBLY and CHURCH of the FIRST-cosy, which are written in Heaven, and to God the JUDGE OF ALL, and -9 the Spirits of JUST MEN made perfect.
Scc page 1. Of the Divinity of our SAVIOUR.
24. And to Jesus, the Mediator of the new COVENANT, and to the Bloov of Sprinkling, which speaketh Letrer Things than that of Abel.
Rev. ii. 20. Behold, I stand at the Door, and knock : if any Man hear my Voice, and open the Door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my Throne, even as I also overcame, and am sit down with my Father in his Throne.
CHRIST afureth their Prayers in his Name to be
Ver. 13.A bae will ha do, that the Father may be GLO
shall ask in my Name, RIFIED in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask any thing in my Name, I will do it.
CHRIST promiseth the Holy Ghoft, the Comforter.
be in you.
Ver. 16. AND I will pray the Father, and he shall give
you another 8 COMFORTER, that he may ABIDE with
18. I will not leave you COMFORTLESS; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while, and the World seeth me no more : but ye fee me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20. At that Day ye shall know that I am in my FATHER,
in me, and I in you.
(c) Exod. xix. s. Now therefore, 21. He(c) that hath my deed, and keep my COVENANT,
if ye will OBEY my Voice inCOMMANDMENTS, and keep- then shall ye be a peculiar Treasure eth
unto * See pag. Ixiii. Of the Efficacy of PRAYER, in the APOLOGY to the 'Harmony of the PS ÄLMs.
+ Sce Afts ii. The Descent of the Holy Ghos's, and the Reference thereto.
my self to him.
eth them, he it is that tov- unto me above all People : for all
the Earth is mine. ETH me : and he that lov
8. And all the People answered ETH me, shall be LOVED of together, and laid, All that the my Father, and I will love Lord hath spoken, we will do. him, and will MANIFEST and OBEY his VOICE, provoke him
Chap. xxiii. 21. Beware of him,
not: for be will not PARDON you 22. Judas faith unto him, Transgressions : for my Name is in
him. not Iscariot, Lord, how is
Numb. x6.40. That ye may re. it that thou wilt MANIFEST member, and do all my Commande thy self unto us, and not un- ments, and be holy unto your God. to the WORLD?
Deut. V. 29. that there were 23. Jesus answered and would
fear me, and keep all my
fuch an Heart in them, that they said unto him, If a Man Commandments always, that i LOVE me, he will keep my might be well with them, and with
their Children for ever. Words: and
Chap vii. 9. Know therefore that love bim, and we will come the Lord thy God, he is God, the unto him, and make our FAITHFUL GOD, which keepech
COVENANT and MERCY with chem A BODE with him.
that love him, and keep his Com24. He that loveth me not, mandments, to a thousand Genera. keepeth not my SAYINGS : tions. and the WORD which you heed to do the Commandment,
Fosh. xxii. 5. But take diligent hear, is not mine, but the Fa- and the Law, which
Moses the Setther's which fent me. vant of the Lord charged you, to
25. These Things have I love the Lord your God, and to spoken unto you, being yet keep his Commandments, and to present with you.
cleave unto him, and to serve him 26. But the COMFORTER, with all your Heart, and with all which is the Holy Ghost, your Soul
Pfal. Ixxxi. 8. Hear, O my Peowhom the Father will send ple, and I will testify unto thee: in my Name, he shall teach o Israel, if thou wilt heerken
UDN you all Things, and bring all me.
11. But my People would goz Things to your REMEM- hearken to my Voice, and Israel BRANCE, whatsoever I have would none of me. SAID unto you.
13. O that my People had hearkned unto me, and Ifrael had walk.
ed in my WAYS. Ps. cxix. 4. Thou hast commanded us to keep thy Precepts diligentiy. 167. My Soul hath kept thy Testimonies, and I love
them exceedingly. Jer, vii. 23. But this thing commanded I them, saying, OBEY my VOICE, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my People ; and walk ye in all the Ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well
Chap. xi. 3. Cursed be the Man that OBEYETM not the Words of this COVENANT,
4. Which I commanded your Fathers, saying, OBEY my VOICE, and Do them, according to all which I commanded you : so Thall ye be my People, and I will be your God.
Luke vi. 46. And why call ye me LORD, LORD, and do not the Things which I say ?
Chap. xi. 28. Blessed are they that hear the WORD of God, and keep it.
John vii. 17. If any Man will do his Will, he shall know of the DOCTRINE, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of my felf.
1 Cor. vii. 19. Circumcision is nothing, and Uncircumcision is nothing, but the KEEPING of the COMMANDMENTS of God.
Heb. v. 9. And being made perfect, he became the Author of eternal SALVATION unco ALL them that OBEY him.
James i. 21. Wherefore lay apart all Filthiness, and superfluity of Naughtiness, and receive with Meekness che ingrafted Word, which is able to save your SOULS.
22. Buc be ye Duers of the Word, and not HEARERS ONLY, decciving your own selves.
23. For if any be a Hearer of the Word, and not a Doer, he is like unto a Man beholding his natural Face in a Glass :
24. For he beholdeth himself, and gueth his way, and Atraightway forgettech what manner of Man he was.
25. But whoso looketh into the perfe&t Law of LIBERTY, and concinueth therein, he being not a forgetful Hearer, but a Doer of the WORD, this Man shall be blessed in his Deed.
1 Jobn ii. 3. And hereby do we know that we know him, if we keep bis COMMANDMENTS.
4. He that faith, I know him, and keepeth not his COMMANDMENTS, is a Lyar, and the Truch is not in him.
s. But, whoso keepeth his Word, in him verily is the LOVE of God perfe&cd : hereby know we that we are in him.
Chap. iii. 18. Love not in Word, neither in Tongue, but in Deed and in Truth.
22. And whatsoever wc ask, we receive of him, because we keep tiis COMMANDMENTS, and do those Things that are pleasing in his Sight.
23. And this is his Commandment, that we should BELIEVE on the Name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us Commandment.
24. And he that keepech his Commandments, dwelleth in him, and he in him.
Chap. v. 2. By this we know that we love the Children of God, when we love God, and keep his Conımandments :
3. For this is the Love of God, that we keep his Commandments : and his Commandments are not gricvous.
2 John 6. And this is Love, that we walk after his Commandments. This is the Commandment, that as ye have heard from the Beginning, ye should walk in it. Rev. xxii
. 14. BLESSED are they that do his Commandments, that they may have right to the Tree of Life, and may cnter in through the Gates into the City.
Ver.27. PEACE I leave
Pfal ERCY and TRUTH Ixxxy.
10. are met together, with you, my RIGHTEOUSNESS and PE ACB have Peace I give unto you : kissed each other. not as the World giveth, give Ifai. XXVI. 3. Thou wilt keep I him in perfe& PEACE, whose Mind