« AnteriorContinuar »
Company with it, but we agreed with him in concluding it to be a Notice from God, to go and preach there ; , and accordingly made the best of our Way thither;
the Things which were spoken of Paul.
18. And this did she many days. But Paul being grieved, turned, and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ, to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
19. And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew
16. As we went every Sabbath to this jewish Assembly, there followed us a young Woman, that by the Help of a wicked Spirit, was wont to amuse the People by telling Fortunes, and was kept or hired by several People to get Money that Way.
toms which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to ob
26. When about Midnight, the whole Prison was shaken by a miraculous Earthquake, the Doors of every Apartment flew open, and all the Prisoners Chains fell off of their own Accord.
26. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken : and immediately all the doors were open
ed, and every ones bands were loosed.
I 27. The
A. D. 53. 27. And the keeper 27. The Jaylor waking at this <-- of the prison awaking dreadful Motion, and finding all
meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God, with all
1. 35. And out privily may verily; but let them come themselves and
fetch us out.
38. And the sergeants told these words unto the magistrates; and they feared when they heard that they were Romans.
39. And they came and besought them, and brought them out, city.
40. And they went out of the prison, and entred into the house of Lydia, and when they had seen the brethren, they comforted them, and departed.