« AnteriorContinuar »
Compendium of Arithmetic,
COMPLETE QUESTION BOOK.
TO WHICH IS ADDED
as have some knowledge therein.
recommended as the best Compendium hitherto published
for the use of Schools, or for Private Persons.
BY FRANCIS WALKINGAME.
A NEW EDITION.
INTRODUCTION TO ALGEBRA
Is given with this Work.
not in any other Work.
BY THE REV. T. SMITH,
of St. John's College, Cambridge.
AND SOLD BY ALL BOOKSELLERS.
1.-The 54th edition of the ETON LATIN GRAMMAR, being an Introduction to the Latin Tongue, revised, corrected, and very much improved, enriched also with copious notes. Price 25.
2.-THE ETON GREEK GRAMMAR, (Just Published) with English Notes, from a new type cast for the purpose. Price 4s.
3.- The 35th Edition of the LATIN ACCIDENCE, Price Is. 4.-The 7th Edition of the ETON EXEMPLA MINORA, corrected, revised, and more than 700 words added to the Index, which is arranged upon a new plan. Price 2s.
5.-The 2nd Edition of the ETON EXEMPLA MINORA in usum REGIÆ SCHOLÆ ETONENSIS, Anglice Evita, Latine Reddita. Clavis et Delectus. Price 5s, 6d.
6.-The MINORA, interleaved with ENG H, neatly bound. Price 21s.
7.-The 5th edition of STIRLING'S PHÆDRUS, , with the scanning of each verse. Price 3s. 6d.
8.-LEMPRIERE'S CLASSICAL DICTIONARY, 3rd Edition, with 1000 additional names. Price 12s.
9.-WALKING AME'S ARITHMETIC. 39th Edition, with many new questions.-N. B. The Tables are correct, and superior to any other tables ever published in any school book. Price 2s.
10.–TABLES for Cyphering Books, at 4s, and Ss. per hundred.
11.-ARITHMETICAL TABLES for the pocket, 36 pages 6d. and 16 pages, containing all the regular tables of arithmetic. Price 34.
12.-UNIVERSAL TABLES, on one sheet, 29 by 12 inches. They contain inore information than any other tables ever published upon one sheet. Price 3s.
13.—'T'he PREPARATORY SPELLING BOOK, containing 6000 words, &c. Price Is.
14. -THE GLOBE SPELLING BOOK, containing great improvements, and far superior to any ever published ; being an Introduction to the English Language, both for Natives and Foreigners. Price ls. 6d.
15-TJIE UNIVERSAL SPELLING BOOK, containing 9000 choice words, to which is added, 30 pages of Murray's English
16. A LATIN DELECTUS. This DÉLECTUS is upon a peculiar plan; it is intended for the first book in construing, &c. The first 48 pages comprise about 2000 choice words of Latin of all declensions or substantives and Adjec. tives, arranged upon such declension with the English ; intended to be committed to memory. The Substantives, Adjectives, and Pronouns of the Eton Grammar are inserted, and are all declined ; and 7 Tables of Endings, with notes, &c. are added.-The last 96 pages contain concise rules for construing with ease, prosody made easy : and examples upon all the rules in the ETON SYNTAX, with notes, &c. Price 2s. 6d.
N.B. This little work contains about 6000 Latin words, being double the number of any similar work.
17. A KEY TO THE DELECTUS. The Key is intended for junior teachers, and also for private
It contains notes upon all the rules of Syntax, and will be found useful to those for whom it is intended. Price 4s.
18. L. MURRAY'S ENGLISH GRAMMAR. Abridged, with notes and considerable improvements. Price Is.
19,-The FIRST 72 PAGES OF THE ABRIDGMENT, 6d.
N. B. The notes in this improved edition of Mr. Murray's Abridg. ment are so plain that a child may understand them ; indeed the whoie is greatly improved, and the errors have been corrected : the parsing table will be of infinite service to the pupil, as he is referred to the pages where the rules are,
20. ALDERSON'S ORTHOGRAPHICAL EXERCISES, with Notes, and an Appendix from Murray's Orthographical Exercises. Price ls.
21. AN EASY INTRODUCTION TO ALGEBRA, with new Rules, Elucidations, and Numerical Demonstrations, not in any other work, the whole of which may be learned without a master. Price, in boards. 7s.
........ 104 The Rule of Three Direct ib.
105 The Double Rule of Three 110
llllThe Rule of Three
ib. Decimal Tables of Coin,
ib. Weights, and Measures 121
Contracted Multiplication 112 Extraction of the Square
tb. Vulgar Fractions 124