« AnteriorContinuar »
pent, which is the devil, and bound him; a thousand
And the angel appeared to take hold on the dragon, that old serpent, who is the devil, and put a restraint upon him for the term of a thousand years. 3-. "And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him tip, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more^ till the thousand years should be fulsilled: and after that he must be loosed
•"•» little season/* ' -'-<-:
*',r And the angel seemed to cast the old serpent into
• the bottomless piti to shut him up, and effectually to forbid his deceiving mankind, till the expiration of
'the thousand years: then be will be-released from consinement for a season. r ;• ;\i t, i £,*
"4. "And I hw, ithrones, arid they fat upon
• therri and judgment wais given ustto them j and I saw the foals of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus,-and fccjbse word of God, and which had'' rloV "Worshipped the beast, neither his image neither had receiyedihis mark upon their foreheads, or
'In'^heij^jandsfiand^they lived and reigned with :Chiist a thousand yearJi'?>i; .;;•-'
''"•' And 'I' saw throneij and. those whosattfpOn them, and judicial po wer.wasi given to them; I, saw also
4he;Fouls' of thoft who.nraw beheaded for the witness Shey'bord to;Jesu*Vand:fa£ the word, of God; and who had'tiot worshipped the beast, nor received his image, or mark, upotv their foreheads, or in their hahd*i aod all-thesej both tmrtyrt and others, lived
, . N and and reigned with Christ, in their bodies a thousand years, and suffered no disturbance or molestation from the devil, or from wicked men, by his irigaegee,
5. " But the rest of the dead lived pot again until the thousand years were sinished."
But the wicked, who were dying tb,e Jecopcl death, did not live again,;ind enjoy such a hse as, the martyrs, and other faints, enjoyed, till the expiration of the thousand years. • , .
6. "Blessed and holy is he that hath pars jn the sirst resurrection; on such the second deathhathnopower; but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."
Blessed and holy, or separated, is he ifrho enjoyj a part in the sirst resurrection to a happy life ; for the second death shall hare.no power c-yer such persons: and they shall live a happy Use with Christ, illustriously distinguished from the rest of xnajtkjad, for a thodsand years of persect peace./.:. .1 1 .; -• 7. <* And when the thaulanjd.jfeasfeall^ejpk'ed, satan shall be loosed oat osiris prison.;''; . . _,:
,And when these thous;md:y.ears (hall expire, satan shall again be permitted to use his arts of deception and disorder among the' .widteoVand to attempt the disturbance of the peace of the world*
8. "And fliall go out^ todoceive tte ftagogf #biej»
are in the four quarters'osthe ear^i,Gpganjl Mftgog,
to gather them together to battle; the number of
whom is as the sand of the sea*!' , .;
And satan shall go out into the four quarters of
the earth, to gather the enemies of the faiots, like Gog atid Magog, mentioned by the prophet EzekieJ; to battle against the saints: the number of these enemies of the saints is as the sand of the sea.
$r. "And they Went up on the breadth of the earth and compassed the camp of the saints about, and'the beloved city; arid sire came down from God out of heaVeri arid destroyed them."
And these multitudes went up from all parts of the earth, arid- surrounded the camp of the faints, and: even the beloved city New Jerusalem j but they did not succeed against the saints, for sire from God, out of heaven, destroyed them.
it*. "And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of sire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and (hall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
And the devil, who excited all this enmity, and collected all this multitude, against the saints, was cast into the lake of sire and brimstone, with the beast and false prophet, where they are perpetually tormented for ages of ages.
11. "And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them."
To resume the series and order of events, at the fame time that I saw satan restrained, as mentioned above, I saw a great white throne, and upon if a glorious personage, from the brightness of whose
face, face, heaven and earth were changed, and their pres, frit form disappeared.
32. "And I saw the dead small and great stand before God $ and the books were opened; and a« npthei book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged out of the things which were written ip the books, according to their works."
And I saw the dead, small and great, young and old, raised so lise, and sanding befqre the throne of God; and they all were judged, according, to their works, with the most persect justice and equity.
13. ">And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them j and they were judged every man according to their works.''
And, whether men had died on the sea, or on the land, the whole invisible state and place of the dead delivered up the dead that were in them; so that the aflembly was universal, including all that had lived; and they, were all judged according to their works.
14. "And death and hell were cast into the lake of sire. This is the second death,"
And the number was so great that were cast into the lake of sire, thjt death and hell, or the whole invisible state of the dead might be said to have been cast into the lake. This lake of sire causes the second death. _
15. '' And whosoever was not found written in the book of lise was cast into the lake of sire.'^
And all who were not found written in the book of lise, were cast into the lake of sire; this makes their number so great.
Chap. xxi. i. "And I saw a new h»aven and a a new earth; for the sirst heaven and the sirst earth were pasted away: and there was no more sea."
After I had seen the judgment passed upon all mankind, and the wicked cast into the lake of sire, to die the second death; I saw the preparation made for those whose names were found written in the Lamb's book of lise. 1 saw a new regenerated heaven and earth, as the form of the present heaven and earth had passed away. And in this renovated staje. of the heaven and earth there was no sea.
2. "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusa. lem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."
And the form of the new heaven and earth was so splendid and glorious that it seemed as thoagh heaven itself, the blest abode of the great Eternal, had descended to eanh; a most ornamented dwelling for the bride, the Lamb's wise, the church composed of all the saints.
3. "And I heard a great voice out of heaven faying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."
And I heard a djyine proclamation made, Behold,