« AnteriorContinuar »
EXPLAINED ACCORDING TO THE SPIRITUAL SENSE
IN WHICH THE ARCANA
A POSTHUMOUS WORK OF
AMERICAN SWEDENBORG PRINTING AND PUBLISHING
20 COOPER UNION
In this edition, the heavy-faced figures (12.1, 13.1, etc.) inserted in the text indicate the divisions that are employed in Potts' Swedenborg Concordance.
AND there came one of the angels that had the
seven bowls and spake with me, saying unto
me, Come, I will show thee the judgment of the great harlot that sitteth upon many waters;
2. With whom the kings of the earth committed whoredom, and they that dwell on the earth were made drunken with the wine of her whoredom.
3. And he carried me away in the spirit into a desert; and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and gilded with gold and precious stone and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the uncleanness of her whoredom.
5. And upon her forehead a name written, Mystery, Babylon the great, the mother of the whoredoms and of the abominations of the earth.
6. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus ; and when I saw her I wondered with great wonder.
7. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore dost thou wonder; I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and the ten horns.
8. The beast that thou sawest was and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss, and to go into perdition; and they that dwell on the earth shall won