« AnteriorContinuar »
BUTTERTON, REV. DR.-PAROCHIAL SERMONS on
VARIOUS SUBJECTS. By the Rev. GEORGE Ash BUTTERTON, D.D., Head Master of the Royal Free Grammar School of Giggleswick, Yorkshire, late Head Master of Uppingham School, and formerly Head Master of St. John's College, Cambridge. 8vo. cloth, 78. 60.
CALCUTTA, BISHOP OF_EXPOSITORY LECTURES on
ST. PAUL'S EPISTLE to the COLOSSIANS. In which the Apostle's argument respecting the Errors on the subject of the Mediation of Christ prevailing at Colosse, is applied to the present circumstances of our Protestant Church. By The Right Reverend Daniel Wilson, D.D., Bishop of Calcutta, and Metropolitan of India. Second Edition, Revised and Corrected. Foolscap, cloth, 6s.
“ It would not be easy to say how highly we value this short and effective commentary upon an epistle, which was evidently intended to bear on those corruptions now rapidly spreading amongst us. We receive it with thankfulness." - Churchman's Monthly Review.
- THE SUFFICIENCY of HOLY SCRIPTURE as the RULE of FAITH; being a Sermon delivered at the Cathedral Church of St. John, Calcutta, at an Ordination holden on Sunday, May 2, 1841. Second Edition. 12mo. sewed, 9d.
- SERMONS delivered in India. 8vo. cloth, 12s.
- THE EVIDENCES of CHRISTIANITY, in a Course of Lectures delivered in the Parish Church of St. Mary, Islington, containing the Lectures on the Authenticity, Credibility, Divine Authority, and Inspiration of the Holy Scriptures. Fourth Edition. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth,
- THE DIVINE AUTHORITY and PERPETUAL OBLIGATION of the LORD'S DAY asserted in Seven Sermons. Third Edition. 12mo. cloth, 3s. 6d.
- SERMONS on VARIOUS SUBJECTS of CHRISTIAN DOC. TRINE and PRACTICE. Sixth Edition. Svo bds. 12s., or 12mo. 5s.
- A PLAIN and AFFECTIONATE ADDRESS to Young Persons about to be CONFIRMED. Nineteenth Edition. 12mo. sewed, 4d. - A PLAIN and AFFECTIONATE ADDRESS to Young Persons previously to Receiving the LORD'S SUPPER. Twelfth Edition. 12mo. sewed, 4d.
CARDALL, REV, W.-SERMONS, Preached in the Parish
Church of Lancaster. By the Rev. WILLIAM CARDALL, B.A. 8vo. cloth,
CHESTER, BISHOP OF-A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of
the GOSPELS of ST. MATTHEW and ST. MARK, in the form of Lectures, intended to assist the practice of domestic instruction and devotion. By John BIRD SUMNER, D.D., Lord Bishop of Chester. Sixth Edition. 1 vol. 8vo., or 2 vols. 12mo., cloth, 9s.
- A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the GOSPEL of ST. LUKE, in the form of Lectures. Third Edition. 1 vol. 8vo., or 2 vols. 12mo. cloth, 9s.
- A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the GOSPEL of ST. JOHN, in the form of Lectures. Third Edition. I vol. 8vo., or 2 vols. 12mo., cloth, 9s.
- A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the ACTS of the APOSTLES, in the form of Lectures. I vol. 8vo., or 2 vols. 12mo. cloth, 9s.
- A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the EPISTLE of ST. PAUL to the ROMANS, and the FIRST EPISTLE to the CORINTHIANS, in the form of Lectures. 1 vol. 8vo., or 2 vols. 12mo., cloth, 9s.
- A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of ST. PAUL'S SECOND EPISTLE to the CORINTHIANS, and the EPISTLES to the GALA
NS, EPHESIANS, PHILIPPIANS, and COLOSSIANS; in the form of Lectures. 1 vol. 8vo., or 2 yols, 12mo., cloth, 9s.
- A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the GENERAL EPISTLES of JAMES, PETER, JOHN, and JUDE, in the form of Lectures. 1 vol. 8vo., or 2 vols. 12mo., cloth, 9s.
– CHRISTIAN CHARITY ; its Obligations and Objects, with reference to the present state of Society. IN A SERIES OF SERMONS. Second Edition. 8vo. cloth, 98., or 12mo., 6s.
- APOSTOLICAL PREACHING CONSIDERED, in an Examination of St. Paul's Epistles. Also, Four Sermons on Subjects relating to the Christian Ministry, and preached on different occasions. Eighth Edition, enlarged, 8vo. cloth, 10s. 6d.
nons on Subjects to
- SERMONS on the PRINCIPAL FESTIVALS of the CHRIS.
TIAN CHURCH: to which are added, Three Sermons on Good Friday. Fifth Edition, 8vo. cloth, 10s. 6d.
CHESTER, BISHOP OF. - THE EVIDENCES of CHRISTIANITY, derived from its NATURE and RECEPTION. Sixth Edition, 8vo., cloth, 108. 6d.; or 12mo. 6s.
- A SERIES of SERMONS on the CHRISTIAN FAITH and CHARACTER. Eighth Edition, 8vo. cloth, 10s.6d. ; or 12mo. cloth, 6s.
A TREATISE on the RECORDS of the CREATION, and on the MORAL ATTRIBUTES of the CREATOR. Fifth Edition. 2 vols. 8vo. cloth, 11. ls.
SIX CHARGES delivered to the CLERGY of the Diocese of CHESTER, at the Triennial Visitations in 1829, 1832, 1835, 1838, 1841, and 1844. 8vo. cloth, 78.
THE CHILD'S VISION; or, the ANGEL and the OAK. By the Author of the “ Priestess." Square 12mo. cloth extra 3s. 6d.
CHRISTIAN SYMPATHY; a Collection of Letters addressed
to Mourners. 32mo. cloth, gilt edges, 2s. 6d.
CHRISTMAS IMPROVEMENT; or, Hunting Mrs. P. A Tale,
founded on Facts. Intended as a Christmas Box for those who wish to begin the New Year without Her. Third Edition, 18mo. cloth, 2s. 6d.
CHRIST OUR EXAMPLE. By the author of “ The Listener.”
Seventh Edition. Foolscap, cloth, 6s.
1. In the Object of Life.
4. In the Condition of Life.
CHRISTIAN OBSERVER, conducted by Members of the Establish
ed Church, from 1802 to 1846 ; and continued monthly, Is. 6d. CLARK, REV. F. F.-PLAIN SERMONS to COUNTRY CONGREGATIONS. By FRANCIS FOREMAN CLARK, A.B., Head Master of the Grammar School, Newcastle-under-Lyne, and late Minister of Christ Church, Chorley. 12mo. cloth, 6s.
CLARK, MRS. T.-THE COUNTRY PARSON'S WIFE. Being
intended as a Continuation of, and Companion to, “ HERBERT'S COUNTRY Parson.” By Mrs. THOMAS CLARK, of East Bergholt, (late Louisa Lane.) Fcap. cloth, 2s. 6d.
CLOSE, REV. F.-CHURCH ARCHITECTURE SCRIPTU
RALLY CONSIDERED, from the Earliest Ages to the Present Time. By the Rev. F. CLOSE, A M., Perpetual Curate of Cheltenham. 12mo. cloth, 3s. 6d.
- FIFTY-TWO SKETCHES of SERMONS on MISCELLA.NEOUS SUBJECTS. 8vo. cloth, 6s.
- MISCELLANEOUS SERMONS. Preached at Cheltenham.
Second Edition. 2 vols. 8vo. bds. each 12s.
- A COURSE of NINE SERMONS, intended to Illustrate some of the Leading Truths contained in the Liturgy of the Church of England. Preached in the Church of the Holy Trinity, Cheltenham, in the year 1825. Seventh Edition, 12mo. cloth, 58.
- THE CATHOLIC DOCTRINE OF THE SECOND ADVENT of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Chris, considered in a course of Four Sermons, preached in the Parish Church, Cheltenham, in the season of Advent, 1845. 12mo cloth, 2s. 60.
COMPANION to the BOOK of COMMON PRAYER, of the United Church of England and Ireland.
24mo. cloth, 2s.
CONFIDENCE in GOD the ONLY TRUE REST for the SOUL,
and REFUGE in these ALARMING TIMES. Fcap. bds. 58.
CONSISTENCY. BY CHARLOTTE ELIZABETH.
18mo. boards, 2s. 6d.
CONVERSATION on the ADVANCE WE HAVE MADE in
CHRISTIAN CHARITY; or, Why is it not Enough for a Man to be Sincere ? 18mo. cloth, ls.
COOKESLEY, REV. W. G.-SERMONS. By the Rev. WILLIAM GIFFORD COOKESLEY, M.A., Assistant Master of Eton College. 2 vols. 12mo. cloth, each 5s.
“ Sound and moderate in doctrine, earnest in their exhortations, and well suited for the purposes of family and domestic worship.”- Church and State Gazette
“ These Sermons are eminently suited to the sober temper and practical objects of family worship, as they never, in developing the Gospel dispensation, forget the important place assigned in it to the faithful discharge of temporal duties."-Britannia.
CRAIG, REV. E.-BRIEF HINTS to CANDIDATES for HOLY ORDERS. By the Rev. EDWARD CRAIG, Curate of Burton Latimer.
Fcap. cloth, 35. Contents: - Choosing the Profession-Preparatory Study-Reading for
Holy Orders-The Formularies-Composition - Sermon-Making-Preaching-Reading--Schools—Visiting-Dissent-Popery-Consistency, &c.
CRUDEN, A.-A COMPLETE CONCORDANCE to the HOLY SCRIPTURES of the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT; or, A DICTIONARY AND ALPHABETICAL INDEX TO THE BIBLE. In Two Parts. To which is added, A CONCORDANCE TO THE APOCRYPHA. By ALEXANDER CRUDEN, M.A. The Ninth Edition. To which is added, a Life of the Author, by ALEXANDER CHALMERS, F.S.A. 4to. boards, 11. 13.
CUNNINGHAM, REV. J. W.-SERMONS. By the Rev. J. W.
CUNNINGHAM, A.M., Vicar of Harrow, and late Fellow of St. John's College, Cambridge. Fifth Edition. 2 vols. 8vo. bds. Il. ls.
- SIX LECTURES on the BOOK of JONAH. Fcap. bds. 3s.
- MORNING THOUGHTS, in PROSE and VERSE, on Portions of the Successive Chapters in the Gospel of St. Mark. Third Edition. Fcap. bds, 28. 6d.
1- THE VELVET CUSHION. Eleventh Edition. Fcap. bds. 58.
DAILY READINGS. Passages of Scripture selected for Social
Reading, with Applications. By the Author of “ The Listener," “ Christ our Example,” &c. Second Edition. 12mo. cloth, 6s.
DAUTREY,-THE BIBLE in PALESTINE; or, Hints from
Scripture by which to determine the localities of the Crucifixion, the Transfiguration, and other great events of our Saviour's Life. Together with Notes of a Tour through the Holy Land, during the Summer of 1843. By Mr. and Mrs. DAUTREY. 12mo. cloth, 8s.
DEALTRY, REV. DR.-SERMONS, CHIEFLY PRACTICAL,
Preached in the Parish Church of Clapham, Surrey. By WILLIAM DEALTRY, D.D., F.R.S., Rector of Clapham, and Chancellor of Winchester. Second Edition, 8vo. boards, 10s. 6d.
DEBRETT-COMPLETE PEERAGE of the UNITED KINGDOM of GREAT BRITAIN and IRELAND. A New Edition, arranged alphabetically. Edited by WILLIAM COURTHOPE, Esq. 8vo. half-bound, 11. 10s.
SLANDS The New Edition, arranged
- BARONETAGE of ENGLAND. Seventh Edition, with Additions. Edited by WILLIAM COURTHOPE, Esq. With a New Set of Arms. 8vo. half-bound, 11. 8s.