« AnteriorContinuar »
Sixth Edition. 8. HISTORY of our LORD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST. Part II. 12mo. price 5s. 6d. cloth.
Sixth Edition. 9. CONCLUDING LECTURES on the HIS. TORY of our LORD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST. Part III. 12mo. price 5s. 6d. clotb.
Seventh Edition. 10. DISCOURSES upon some of the DOCTRINAL ARTICLES of the CHURCH of ENGLAND. 12mo. price 5s.6d. cloth.
Fourth Edition. 11. SERMONS preached in TRINITY CHURCH, CHELSEA. 12mo. price 6s. cloth,
Third Edition. 12. A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the EPISTLES to the SEVEN CHURCHES of ASIA. 12mo. price 5s. 6d. cloth.
Third Edition. 13. LECTURES on the HISTORY of ELISHA. 12mo. price 5s.6d. cloth.
Sixth Edition. 14. TWO DISCOURSES upon the TRIAL of the SPIRITS. Price 4s. 6d.
Seventh Edition. 15. TWO SERMONS on the SACRAMENT. 12mo. 18. stiff covers.
BY THE LORD BISHOP OF CHESTER. · A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the EPISTLE of ST. PAUL to the ROMANS, and the FIRST EPISTLE to the CORINTHIANS. BY JOHN BIRD SUMNER, D.D., LORD BISHOP OF CHESTER. 1 vol. 8vo., or 2 vols, 12mo., price 9s. cloth.
By the sume Author. 2. A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the GOSPELS of ST. MATTHEW and ST. MARK, in the form of Lectures, intended to assist the practice of domestic instruction and devotion. The Sixth Edition. One vol. 8vo., or two vols. 12mo., price 9s. cloth.
3. A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the GOSPEL of ST. LUKE, in the form of Lectures. The Third Edition. In one vol., 8vo., or in two vols. 12mo., price 9s. cloth.
4. A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the GOSPEL of ST. JOHN, in the form of Lectures. Third Edition. In one vol. 8vo., or two vols, 12mo., price 9s. cloth,
5. A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the ACTS of the APOSTLES, in the form of Lectures. In one vol. 8vo., or two vols. 12mo., price 9s. cloth.
6. A PRACTICAL EXPOSITION of the GENERAL EPISTLES of JAMES, PETER, JOHN, and JUDE, in tbe form of Lectures. In one vol. 8vo., or two vols. 12mo., price 9s. cloth.
7. CHRISTIAN CHARITY; its Obligations and Objects, with reference to the present state of Society. In a Series of Sermons. Second Edition, 12mo., price 6s., or 8vo., price 9s. cloth.
8. APOSTOLICAL PREACHING CONSIDERED, in an Examination of St. Paul's Epistles. Also, Four Sermons on Subjects relating to the Christian Ministry, and preached on different occasions. Eighth Edition, enlarged, 8vo., 10s. 6d. cloth.
9. SERMONS on the PRINCIPAL FESTIVALS of the CHRISTIAN CHURCH: to which are added, Three Sermons on Good Friday. Fifth Edition, 8vo., 10s. 6d, cloth.
10. The EVIDENCES of CHRISTIANITY, derived from its NATURE and RECEPTION. Sixth Edition, 8vo. 10s. 6d. Or in one vol. 12mo., price 68. cloth.
11. A SERIES of SERMONS on the CHRISTIAN FAITH and CHARACTER. Eighth Edition, 8vo., 10s. 6d.; or 12mo., 6s., cloth.
12. A TREATISE on the RECORDS of the CREATION, and on the MORAL ATTRIBUTES of the CREATOR. Fifth Edition. Two vols. 8vo. 11. 1s. cloth.
13. FOUR SERMONS on SUBJECTS relating to the CHRISTIAN MINISTRY. Preached on different occa. sions. 8vo., 3s. sewed.
14. A CHARGE delivered to the Clergy of the Diocese of Chester, at the Visitation held in June and September, 1841. Second edition. 8vo., Price 1s. 6d., sewed. Or the
15. FIVE CHARGES delivered to the CLERGY of the Diocese of CHESTER, at the Triennial Visitations in 1829, 1832, 1835, 1838, and 1841. In one vol. 8v0., price 6s, cloth, N.B. The whole of the above works may now be bad, bound
uniformly in cloth.
REV. HUGH M'NEILE. 1. LECTURES on the SYMPATHIES, SUFFERINGS, and RESURRECTION of the LORD JESUS CHRIST ; delivered in St. Jude's Church, Liverpool, during Passion Week and Easter Day. 12mo. price 4s. 6d. cloth.
2. LECTURES ON THE CHURCH OF ENGLAND, delivered in London, March, 1840. Eighth Edition. 1 vol. 12mo. price 5s. cloth.
By the same Author. 3. SERMONS on the SECOND ADVENT of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, with Notes. Fifth Edition, 12mo., price 4s. 6d.clotb.
4. SEVENTEEN SERMONS. Third Edition: 12mo., price 7s. cloth.
5. POPULAR LECTURES on the PROPHEcies relative to the JEWISH NATION. Fourth Edition, 12mo., price 4s. 6d. cloth.
REV. W. GOODE'S WORKS ON TRACTARIANISM, &c. (Dedicated to the ARCHBISHOP of CANTERBURY and the Bishop
of LONDON.) THE DIVINE RULE OF FAITH AND PRACTICE; or, A DEFENCE of the CATHOLIC DOCTRINE that HOLY SCRIPTURE has been since the times of the Apostles the Sole Divine Rule OF FAITH AND PRACTICE TO THE CHURCH, against the dangerous errors of the AUTHORS OF THE TRACTS FOR THE TIMES AND THE ROMANISTS, as, particularly. that the Rule of Faith is “ made up of Scripture and tradition together;" &c. In which also the doctrines of the Apostolical Succession, the Eucharistic Sacrifice, &c. are fully discussed. By WILLIAM GOODE, M.A., Rector of St. Antholin. Two vols. 8vo. Price 32s. cloth.
2. THE CASE AS IT IS, or a Reply to a Letter of Dr. Pusey to his Grace the Archbishop of Canterbury ; including a compendious statement of the doctrines and views of the Tractators as expressed by themselves. Third Edition, price 1s. sewed.
3. SOME DIFFICULTIES in the late CHARGE OF THE LORD BISHOP OF OXFORD, respectfully pointed out in a Letter to his Lordship. Second Edition, price 1s. sewed.
5. MODERN CLAIMS to the GIFTS of the SPIRIT, Stated and Examined. 2nd. Edition, with Appendix. 8vo. Price 10s. 6d.
BY THE LORD BISHOP OF CALCUTTA. 1. SERMONS DELIVERED in INDIA. 1 vol. 8vo. price 12s. cloth.
2. THE EVIDENCES of CHRISTIANITY; illustrating, in a popular manner, the External and Internal Proofs of the Divine Authority, and Plenary Inspiration of the Holy Scriptures. Delivered in the Parish Church of St. Mary, Islington. In 2 vols. small 8vo. Price 9s.
3. THE DIVINE AUTHORITY and PERPETUAL OBLIGATION of the LORD'S DAY, asserted in SEVEN SERMONS. Third Edition. 12mo. price 3s. 6d. cloth.
4. SERMONS on VARIOUS SUBJECTS of CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE and PRACTICE. Sixth Edition. I vol. 8vo. price 128., or in one vol. 12mo., price 5s.
5. SERMONS ADDRESSED to CHILDREN on EASTER TUESDAYS. Fifth Edition. 18mo., price 1s. seved,
6. A PLAIN and AFFECTIONATE ADDRESS to YOUNG PERSONS about to be CONFIRMED. Sixteenth Edition. Price 4d. sewed.
7. A PLAIN and AFFECTIONATE ADDRESS to YOUNG PERSONS previously to receiving the LORD'S SUPPER. Eleventh Edition. 12mo. price 4d. sewed.
8.. THE SUFFICIENCY OF HOLY SCRIPTURE as the RULE OF FAITH ; being a Sermon delivered at the Cathedral Church of St. John, Calcutta, at an Ordination bolden on Sunday, May 2, 1841. Second Edition, 12mo., price 9d. New and Cheaper Edition.
Dedicated by permission to H. R. H. the Duchess of Kent.
AN EXPOSITION OF VARIOUS PASSAGES OF HOLY SCRIPTURE, adapted to the use of Families for every day throughout the year. By the Rev. JOHN WILLIAM SMYTH' D.D., Incumbent of Woolfardiswortby, Devonshire. 3 vols. 8vo. price 11. 11s. 6d. cloth.
A LETTER TO A FRIEND ON THE EVI. DENCES AND THEORY OF CHRISTIANITY. By LORD LINDSAY. 1 vol. 12mo. price 3s. cloth.
New and Cheap Edition. THOUGHTS ON THE PARENTAL CHA. RACTER OF GOD. By Captain SiR WILLIAM EDWARD PAKRY, R.N. Tbird Edition. 18mo. price 1s. 6d. clotb.