Acerca de este libro
Libros en Google Play
Printed by WILLIAM CLOWES and Sons, Stamford Street.
I.-The Child of the Islands. A Poem, by the Honourable
II.-1. Report of Commissioners appointed to take the Cen-
sus of Great Britain and Ireland in 1841.
2. First Six Annual Reports of the Registrar-General of
Births, Deaths, and Marriages-1838 to 1843.
3. Tables showing the number of Criminal Offenders com-
mitted for trial in the year 1840; and the result of the
4. Statistical Reports presented to Parliament, of the Sick-
ness, Mortality, and Invaliding among Her Majesty's
5. Situation Economique de la Belgique, exposée d'après
les Documens Officiels. Par M. le Comte d'Arriva-
6. Statistique Générale de la Belgique. Par Messrs.
Heuschling et Vandermaelin.
7. Aggregate of the Statistics of the United States on the
1st of June, 1840 -
III. 1. Ueber das Grabmal des Alyattes (On the Tomb of
Alyattes). Essay read in the Royal Academy of Mu-
nich by Professor Fred. Thiersch, 3rd August, 1833.
2. Etruria Celtica. By Sir William Betham, Ulster King
of Arms, &c.
3. The History of Etruria. By Mrs. Hamilton Gray.
Parts I. and II.
IV.-Lives of Men of Letters and Science who flourished in
the time of George III. By Henry, Lord Brougham,
F.R.S., Member of the National Institute of France and
of the Royal Academy of Naples
V.-1. Notes and Sketches of New South Wales. By Mrs.
2. The Englishwoman in Egypt. By Mrs. Poole.
3. Letters from Madras. By a Lady.
4. Life in Mexico. By Madame Calderon de la Barca.
5. The Rhone, the Darro, and the Guadalquivir. By Mrs.
6. Journal of a Tour in the Holy Land. By Lady F.
7. Narrative of a Yacht Voyage. By the Countess Gros-
8. Journal of a Yacht Voyage to the Texas. By Mrs.
9. Diary of a Tour in Greece, Turkey, Egypt, and the
Holy Land. By the Hon. Mrs. Dawson Damer.
10. Visit to the Courts of Vienna, Constantinople, &c. By
the Marchioness of Londonderry.
11. Orientalische Briefe. Von Ida, Gräfin Hahn-Hahn.
12. Theresen's Briefe aus dem Süden
VI.-A Hand-book for Travellers in Spain. By Richard
VII.-The Life of the Rev. Joseph Blanco White, written by
himself; with portions of his Correspondence. Edited
by John Hamilton Thom -
VIII.-1. Esprit des Institutions Militaires. Par le Maréchal
Marmont, Duc de Raguse.
2. History of the War in France and Belgium in 1815.
By Capt. W. Siborne.
3. The Fall of Napoleon: an Historical Memoir. By
Lieut. Col. Mitchell
IX.-1. Maynooth and the Jew Bill-further Illustrations of
the Speech of the Right Honourable Spencer Perceval
on the Roman Catholic Question. By Dudley M. Per-
2. Past and Present Policy of England towards Ireland.
3. A Letter from the Very Reverend Heneage Horsley to
Sir C. E. Smith, Bart., on the subject of the Maynooth
Grant, embodying the opinions of the late Bishop Hors-
ley on the Policy and Necessity of extending measures
of Legislative Relief to the Roman Catholics.
4. The Real Union of England and Ireland. By R.
Monckton Milnes, Esq.
5. A Letter on the Payment of the Roman Catholic Clergy,
to Sir Robert Henry Inglis, Bart., from Henry Drum-
6. A Fragment on the Irish Roman Catholic Church. By
the late Rev. Sydney Smith.
7. A Letter to Sir Robert Peel on the Endowment of the
Roman Catholic Church in Ireland. By the Knight of
I.-Du Prêtre, de la Femme, de la Famille. Par J. Michelet - 299
II. The Ecclesiastical Architecture of Ireland, anterior to the
Anglo-Norman Invasion; comprising an Essay on the
Origin and Uses of the Round Towers of Ireland. By
George Petrie, V.P.R.I.A. (Being Vol. XX. of The
Transactions of the Royal Irish Academy)
III.-1. Military Miscellany; comprehending a History of the
Recruiting of the Army, Military Punishments, &c. &c.
By Henry Marshall, F.R.S.E., Deputy Inspector-
General of Hospitals.
2. A Sketch of the Military History of Great Britain. By
the Rev. G. R. Gleig, Principal Chaplain to the Forces.
3. A View of the Formation, Discipline, and Economy of
Armies. By the late Robert Jackson, M.D., Inspector-
General of Army Hospitals. A New Edition, from the
Copy corrected by the Author immediately before his
decease; with a Memoir of his Life and Services, pre-
pared from the personal records of the Author, and of
IV.-Leaves from a Journal, and other Fragments in Verse.
By Lord Robertson
V.-Memoirs of Lady Hester Stanhope, as related by Herself
in Conversations with her Physician; comprising her
Opinions and Anecdotes of some of the most remarkable
Persons of her time
VI.-The Letters of Philip Dormer Stanhope, Earl of Chester-
field; including numerous Letters now first published
from the original MSS. Edited, with Notes, by Lord
VII. Physical Description of New South Wales and Van
Diemen's Land; illustrated by a Geological Map,
Sections, and Diagrams, and Figures of the Organic
Remains. By P. E. de Strzelecki
VIII. 1. Histoire de la Révolution Française. Par A. Thiers et
2. Histoire de la Révolution de France. Par A. Thiers.
3. Histoire du Consulat et de l'Empire. Par A. Thiers,
Ancien Président du Conseil des Ministres, Membre de
la Chambre des Députés, et de l'Académie Française.
Vols. I., II., III., IV. 1845